Talk

Advanced search

To think DH is a selfish pig

(12 Posts)
LostItYearsAgo Fri 21-Sep-12 18:17:51

In a nutshell, I'm really suffering with morning sickness and have been for last two weeks or so sad
The only thing that has even remotely taken my fancy all this time is an Indian takeaway! But I've not had one as DH says we can't afford it! However, the wonderful, caring being himself has just come in from work and informed me he's going for a curry with his workmates tomorrow night!!
So we can't afford a curry when it's to satisfy my self-pitying but we can afford one when it's a night out with the lads?!
Grrrr men and unreasonable raging pregnancy hormones

honeytea Fri 21-Sep-12 18:19:17

Hide his wallet the silly git!

StateofConfusion Fri 21-Sep-12 18:19:34

Yadnbu.

<Also pregnant and craved a certain take away when sick constantly>

I would be so so pissed at dp!

Can you ask a friend over and order one in when he's out?

WelshMaenad Fri 21-Sep-12 18:20:03

Tell him if he wants to go, he can leave you £20 to order takeout curry for yourself too, or he can forget it.

Madlizzy Fri 21-Sep-12 18:20:46

You don't need his permission to order a curry. Do it.

Mama1980 Fri 21-Sep-12 18:21:40

Yanbu! Am suffering MS myself At the moment so feel your annoyance
Can you get them to deliver? If he can bloody afford it so can you.

eggsandwich Fri 21-Sep-12 18:21:46

vomit in his wallet!

LostItYearsAgo Fri 21-Sep-12 18:21:59

I fully intend to get my own don't worry about that!!
Just bloody astonished at the sheer cheek of him!

StuntGirl Fri 21-Sep-12 18:22:10

It's not really a men/women thing or even a pregnancy hormone thing. That'd be a pretty rubbish thing to do even if he did it to a male family member, or if you were regular sick instead of pregnancy sick.

I'd say "Great! I'll get that takeaway while you're out then".

Although if you can't afford it you can't afford it, whether it's your takeaway or his meal out. If it's just a case of him not wanting to spend the money, well...Is it being paid for by work or one of his mates or is he paying himself?

Besom Fri 21-Sep-12 18:22:37

Did you point it out to him?

Softlysoftly Fri 21-Sep-12 18:23:25

Order curry tonight! He'll be on the beers tomorrow and prob spend three lots of takeaway.

Plus what's with this he says you can't afford it then goes out, you don't need his permission I assume it's joint money??

This really bugs me as Dsis needed a new breast pump her DH said no we haven't the money then bought a two grand bike! angry

aldiwhore Fri 21-Sep-12 18:26:40

Make one. They're easy. Why are you asking for permission when he doesn't have to?

YANBU.

Don't ask permission, get on the phone, order a banquet, when it arrives quickly dash to the loo to vom and leave you DH no option but to pay up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now