Talk

Advanced search

To think that iPhone hysteria is just silly

(13 Posts)
DreamingofSummer Fri 21-Sep-12 15:45:35

Queuing for days to buy a mobile phone - what the hell is that about?

PseudoBadger Fri 21-Sep-12 15:47:18

No need, I ordered mine from the comfort of my own living room...

squoosh Fri 21-Sep-12 15:48:09

Absolute gobshites.

BellaVita Fri 21-Sep-12 15:50:48

As did DH Psuedo. His arrived at 8.00am this morning,

InvisibleHotPinkWeasel Fri 21-Sep-12 15:51:40

Very annoying. I want to make a simple straight forward call to O2. But can't as I keep giving up after 15 minutes wait times due to iPhone hysteria as they can't take any more pre orders but people are calling anyway. <grumble>

Sirzy Fri 21-Sep-12 15:51:48

I like my iPhone but not enough to ever consider camping out for one!

BrianCoxIsUpTheDuff Fri 21-Sep-12 15:53:51

YANBU.

iPhone shite - I bet iPhone owners also own Orangries instead of Conservatories.

grin

Best friend is manager at Carphone Warehouse and doesn't rate them purely because you are trapped in the brand.

Buy an android instead, live a bit wink

The fact people are queuing for days says it all.

<glares at my shite HTC Wildfire>

<still wouldn't want an iPhone>

NettoSuperstar Fri 21-Sep-12 15:55:02

I don't want one.
I've an Android tablet, and want an Android phone.

katykuns Fri 21-Sep-12 15:58:56

'Best friend is manager at Carphone Warehouse and doesn't rate them purely because you are trapped in the brand'

<< yep! and you pay more money because it has a picture of an apple on it :P

That said, I also have a wildfire, and it is absolute shite lol

squoosh Fri 21-Sep-12 16:01:16

I'm still using my Nokia 2760. I'm starting to feel the peer pressure to change now as people look at me as though I'd be better off using smoke signals or carrier pigeons. Plus it keeps dying.

I am a hip young thing, honest!! It's just that gadgets don't turn me on.

Now I need to pick a new phone. <clueless>

WelshMaenad Fri 21-Sep-12 16:04:45

I love my iPhone, but I'm not due an upgrade till march. By which time they'll have worked out all the bugs and kinks with the 5 and I Dan order one with impunity.

DH had an android. After playing with my iPhone atceverybopportunity, I made him get one too, he says its the best thing he's ever done. I don't think he means to belittle his choices to marry me, have the kids etc... grin

Theas18 Fri 21-Sep-12 16:09:48

I jumped shop in May- iphone 4 to galaxy note, having had iphone 3G.

I'm now old enough and wise enough (don't laugh!) to feel that, whilst the note isn't perfect, it's streets ahead of the 4S and I'm afraid the 5 hasn't changed/improved enough for me.

And the sodding new connector is actually a real deal breaker. THey tie you in to the brand and then effectively make you replace all your peripherals - marvelloushmm

BrianCoxIsUpTheDuff Fri 21-Sep-12 16:10:57

Welsh nice to know where you come in his priorites eh?! grin

squoosh I was like you, I would recommend you head toward something non-touch screeny technical but generally speaking, Smart phones are pretty cool in comparison to the old stuff and well worth ditching the brick for.

Blackberry's are cool - I slated mine until I got an HTC Wildfire, touchscreen and now I rue the day I left proper keypads behind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now