Talk

Advanced search

To report the bus driver been though I starts it.

(148 Posts)
FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:11:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

deemented Sat 15-Sep-12 07:15:54

Report him. Absolutely.

What he did was incredibly dangerous and he put many people at risk.

I know that your actions weren't fatastic, but a huge overreaction by him.

PseudoBadger Sat 15-Sep-12 07:18:27

Report it! You don't need a road rage driver in charge of several tonnes of vehicle and a load of passengers. How scary sad

JeezyOrangePips Sat 15-Sep-12 07:20:30

They also have a tachometer that recorded the speed the bus is doing, iirc.

I think his boss would be wholly unimpressed by his driving, if he was a) speeding b) being deliberately aggressive while c) driving passengers.

If it happened as you said it did, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Some drivers are arses. Sounds like he is one of them. I had a friend who hated being overtaken too. I didn't accept any more lifts from her after the first one.

Euphemia Sat 15-Sep-12 07:21:17

You made a mistake, but his reaction was ridiculous!

Report him. Do buses have tachymeters in, so his boss will be able to see the speeds he was doing?

EdMcDunnough Sat 15-Sep-12 07:22:58

Look, you didn't mean to be aggressive - you thought you had space/time to overtake, it's Ok to speed up a bit to do this, he should not have done the same but should have let you go past safely.

What he did after this was outrageous.

MrsPnut Sat 15-Sep-12 07:24:47

It sounds really frightening, I'd definitely report him and hope that some of the passengers did too.

ILiveInAPineapple Sat 15-Sep-12 07:25:38

I would report him, that's ridiculous behaviour on his part.
You made a mistake and misjudged time and space- happens to us all at some time or another. He had road rage and needs to learn to control his anger or stop being a professional driver.

Hope you are ok.

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:25:50

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:26:04

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:27:34

EdMcDunnough Sat 15-Sep-12 07:29:37

Even more understandable then. You're a new driver.

He's presumably been driving for years.

Unacceptable on his part. Don't delay - call them as soon as you can.

FutTheShuckUp Sat 15-Sep-12 07:31:50

She didn't make a mistake- she sped up to overtake and the bus driver deliberatley obstructed her.
Definately report- he is responsible for the safety of people who pay to use the service! Bus drivers round this part of the world are utter cunts though

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:35:17

CanIOfferYouAPombear Sat 15-Sep-12 07:35:29

Aye you should definitely report him but I don't think you'll get far without having the bus number and an exact time, otherwise they'll have no idea who it was.

Poor thing, I'm still doing my driving lessons and can see why you would be petrified!

SoupDragon Sat 15-Sep-12 07:37:43

He must have been 20 miles over the limit to doo

So must you have been then.

Anyway, you didn't really do anything wrong at the beginning as the bus driver should have slowed to let you in when the lane was ending because you were in front. He sped up deliberately to block you out.

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:38:22

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:39:51

JeezyOrangePips Sat 15-Sep-12 07:41:04

Maybe you should consider green L plates for your car?

I don't see what you think you did wrong either. Other than choose to overtake a bus with an arse for a driver.

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:42:46

JeezyOrangePips Sat 15-Sep-12 07:46:03

You get that as a 'normal' driver too. This kind of thing always shakes up a less experienced driver more than it does one that's been on the road a few years. Try not to let it worry you.

He was the danger, not you.

TroublesomeEx Sat 15-Sep-12 07:49:25

Everyone tries to overtake buses otherwise you end up getting stuck behind them at every stop for your entire journey.

Sounds like he had just had enough of it that day. That's his problem not yours, there are bits about all jobs we don't like - this is a completely unacceptable response from him.

I wonder if any of his passengers were aware/have made a complaint about his erratic driving.

When you first pass your test you make all kinds of daft mistakes/errors of judgement that aren't dangerous or particularly problematic, but that you don't make once you're more experienced. Sounds like you encountered a King of the Road type. Don't let the experience put you off driving.

MakeHayNotStraw Sat 15-Sep-12 07:51:07

Definitely report him - that's unprofessional and irresponsible, and I would not be impressed being in a bus doing this. It wasn't your fault.

(And fwiw I think green P plates can do more harm than good). Take a few really short trips to get your confidence back - can you have someone else in the car for your first drive or two? Have an un-mumsnetty hug, you sound like you need it.

PoppadomPreach Sat 15-Sep-12 07:51:48

Agree, report him. Not sure you really did anything majorly wrong - you certainy did not do a terrible thing.

I really, really hope this guy gets sacked as he should not be driving a bus full of passengers if he reacts like this.

FriedEggsAndHam Sat 15-Sep-12 07:53:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now