Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to let dd sleep in only her birthday suit?

(96 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:45:52

She is nearly 3 and has recently decided clothes are overrated. Most of the time we put our foot down, but she has slept naked the last 3 or 4 nights. We were in a hotel where it was very warm so let her but now we're back she still wants to. Is there an unwritten rule that children MUST wear pyjamas that I am unaware of?

CMOTDibbler Mon 27-Aug-12 18:47:53

YANBU - ds(6) greatly prefers to sleep in the nud

WorraLiberty Mon 27-Aug-12 18:48:00

No? confused

My DS3 has slept naked on and off for years...he just does whatever suits him.

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 27-Aug-12 18:48:12

Mind (nearly 5) does this sometimes. She usually sleeps in just knickers. I've given up with pyjamas.

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 27-Aug-12 18:48:23

Mind? Mine...

Level3at6months Mon 27-Aug-12 18:49:08

No, YANB at all U. DS absolutely refuses pjs, gets far too hot whatever weight bedding he has. The only time I get antsy is when he cavorts around the bedroom with the lights on and the blinds up. He would prefer to never wear clothes again.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 27-Aug-12 18:49:20

DD2 who's six is a great nuddist (that's what we call it) and never wears pjs.

StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:49:59

Just checking, in case I have missed one of the many parenting memos of Things Other People Just Know. I can't see any harm smile Other than letting her makes it a stuggle to get her dressed at times when clothes really are more appropriate.

Spuddybean Mon 27-Aug-12 18:50:04

i always sleep naked. I have done since i was a child. I started of with a nightie but would always wake up nude - far too restrictive.

Not sure why children need to be constantly clothed. There may be a reason, i don't know about, so will watch with interest.

StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:51:04

Like wandering round Lidl grin

youonlysingwhenyourewinning Mon 27-Aug-12 18:51:36

I agree with your dd - bedclothes are overrated!

GrassIsntGreener Mon 27-Aug-12 18:51:59

Not understanding why it could be a problem?

Spuddybean Mon 27-Aug-12 18:53:14

i wish i could wander round lidl naked sad

vodkaanddietirnbru Mon 27-Aug-12 18:53:16

ds (5) sleeps nude most of the time. DD (8) starts off with a nightie/pj's but can often be found naked by morning. Both me and dh sleep naked too.

StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:54:03

No problem, just never come across anyone saying their child sleeps naked and the bath-pyjamas-teethclean seems to be a set in stone routine for many. I wondered if they knew something I didn't.

StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:54:36

ooh I hate nghties. Used to wear them and hated them. Wake with it twisted and round your neck angry

FallenCaryatid Mon 27-Aug-12 18:54:56

Mine have always been allowed to wear what they like in their own bedrooms or go nude, with a few rules about being clothed around the house and properly dressed outside.
Can't see why it would be a problem.

exoticfruits Mon 27-Aug-12 18:55:42

I can't see why it is a problem-her choice.

Xales Mon 27-Aug-12 18:56:32

DS is 11 and I still have to badger him to put on at least a pair of boxers as he lounges around the house.

I used to have to chase him out the front door and down the street to at least get shorts on him grin

He is starting to get a little more self conscious when we have company the last couple of years but before that didn't bat an eye lid.

NCForNow Mon 27-Aug-12 18:56:41

I don't understand why you ever "put your foot down" over this? Mine hae both always slept nudy...well since they were about two and ditched the grows. Both rejected PJs and nighties.

StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:58:33

Same way as you "put your foot down" with anything with a 2yo. "Teeth brush time" "don't want to" "Tough. teeth brush time". "Put your pyjamas on" "Don't want to" etc.

blackteaplease Mon 27-Aug-12 18:58:52

Dd often sleeps in just a pull up if it is hot. I can well imagine that when we ditch these then she will end up naked in bed. She likes to wear her pyjamas during the day to play in.

Doesn't bother me, DH sleeps nude and I only wear knickers to bed unless it is absolutely baltic.

wigglesrock Mon 27-Aug-12 18:59:09

My 4 year old isn't a clothes fan at all - she only wears something in bed if she's sharing with her sister (7). Dd1 insists.

StealthPolarBear Mon 27-Aug-12 18:59:22

Presumably until you realised they had rejected them, you chivvied them to get their pyjamas on in the same way as you chivvied them for anything else?

blackteaplease Mon 27-Aug-12 19:00:02

But you need to brush your teeth to keep them clean, you don't need to wear bedclothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now