Didn't come home

(394 Posts)
CinnamonSal Sun 22-Jul-12 09:38:10

My partner went to the pub yesterday afternoon and as yet is still not home. His phone has been off since around 11pm. Am I being unreasonable to think this is a complete disregard for me and be absolutely livid?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 22-Jul-12 09:39:49

Fucking hell that's bad. If it was my dh I would be more worried than livid. Has he done this before?

Euphemia Sun 22-Jul-12 09:41:48

How do you know his phone is off?

I'd be worried sick, rather than angry?

Or does he have form?

savoycabbage Sun 22-Jul-12 09:41:51

No YANBU. Have you phoned the hospitals?

OHforDUCKScake Sun 22-Jul-12 09:43:03

I wouldnt be pissed off at this point Id be sick with worry because it'd be so out of character. Has he done this before?

susiegrapevine Sun 22-Jul-12 09:43:50

Omg I would be worried too. Would not mind dh staying out all night as long as he let me know. I would defo be phoning the hospitals and police stations!

lauraandeve Sun 22-Jul-12 09:43:58

oh no that is not good! is there anyway you could ring the people he may be with? I know a few men who do this on a regular basis and think nothing of it but to be honest I think its a selfish thing to do and I am not in the slightest bit surprised you are livid! Hope he turns up soon with a decent excuse hmm

WorraLiberty Sun 22-Jul-12 09:44:22

Yes does he have a history of this?

Did you argue before he went out?

Pancakeflipper Sun 22-Jul-12 09:44:27

Has he got form for this?

After checking with friends and A&E, I would then make sure he couldn't get back in the house without having to knock at the door. Just so I could stand on the doorstep with cats bum mouth.

I would be very cross indeed. It's disrespectful to not let you know and cause you lots of worry.

Hope they are safe but a bollocking is in order.

Chubfuddler Sun 22-Jul-12 09:44:36

The fact you're livid rather than worried suggests this is not out of character. Is that true?

CinnamonSal Sun 22-Jul-12 09:46:25

I am starting to worry. He has done it once early on but never to this time. The phone keeps going on to answer machine so it's either off or on divert. I don't even know who he was out with.

gymboywalton Sun 22-Jul-12 09:47:41

if it was me-i would have phoned the police and all the hospitals and would have a friend or a family member with me while i waited for the police to find his body.

but my dh isn't an inconsiderate nobber and i suspect, by your anger, that yours ma be.

pumpkinsweetie Sun 22-Jul-12 09:47:46

I would be more worried if this behaviour is out of character, he could be hurt for example?
If he has done this before i can see why you are livid, has he done this before?

KissMyEmbroideryHoop Sun 22-Jul-12 09:48:04

Call his friends?

CinnamonSal Sun 22-Jul-12 09:48:42

I am erring on the realistic side and assuming he is drunk and at a party or something. We didn't argue it was our second night in new home so I thought he might have liked to stay in with me or at least come home at a reasonable time.

WorraLiberty Sun 22-Jul-12 09:49:02

When you say he did it once early on, how long ago was that?

OHforDUCKScake Sun 22-Jul-12 09:49:27

'does he have form'
'does he have form for this'

Ive never heard the above before. Ever. Form? What?

CinnamonSal Sun 22-Jul-12 09:50:02

I don't have any of his friends numbers.

Dprince Sun 22-Jul-12 09:50:06

I would be worried not pissed off. If its not a regular occurrence why would you assume he is just pissed somewhere?

CinnamonSal Sun 22-Jul-12 09:50:55

worra about 1.5 yr ago

BigHairyFlowers Sun 22-Jul-12 09:51:28

I agree with maybe phone his friends

Would he get so drunk that he is curled up asleep on the doorstep of your old house wondering why no one will let him in?

BigHairyFlowers Sun 22-Jul-12 09:52:20

Oops phone friends x post there, sorry!

CinnamonSal Sun 22-Jul-12 09:53:01

That was staying out til next morning - he has on a number of occasions stayed out to 3,4,5am putting phone off and that's when he had said he'd be home in 20 mins around 11pm.

SoozyWoozy Sun 22-Jul-12 09:53:25

I would be worried rather than angry... especially if this isn't something he would do.

Dprince Sun 22-Jul-12 09:54:25

Bighairy could be right. When me and dh first moved in, he finished work at about 2 am. He went to his parents, let himself in and didn't realise he didn't live there until his dad went to see what was going on.
He wasn't drunk just knackered and not thinking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now