Talk

Advanced search

Ds is a horrible nasty Ds :-(

(70 Posts)

Ds and I were talking about Dinosaurs yesterday and returning them Jurassic Park style. But instead of a zoo he had the grand idea of miniaturising them.

So you could have a Vivarium with a mini T-rex and feed it mice like a snake. Or a little outdoor herd of Brontosaurus like chickens, and keep Triceratops like goats.

But then Ds did the thing of evil. He said "Mum, you could even have a baby Mammoth, like a miniature dog, it could be about the size of a Micro pig, oooh ohh we'd call the the Micro Mammoth".

He then went on to speculate grooming it and it snurfling treats out your hand with it's trunk, and it curling up on your lap all warm and toasty.

He is horrid.

I spent all day wanting a baby Micro Mammoth. I woke up this morning wanting a Micro Mammoth and I still want one now. I have glowered at Ds repeatedly but he laughs at me. angry

I am now longing for my baby Micro Mammoth that I will never have sad and blame ds for this in full.

AIBU?

manicbmc Fri 18-May-12 14:11:22

No idea. Have you had a drink? hmm grin

TroublesomeEx Fri 18-May-12 14:12:04

You are a loon!!! grin

But it is a spectacularly brilliant idea. I too would like a micro mammoth. But suspect it would be a bit smelly and have quite coarse fur.

sixlostmonkeys Fri 18-May-12 14:12:28

I want a Micro Mammoth now!!

Your DS sounds a delight - I bet you have some really good conversations with him smile

QOD Fri 18-May-12 14:12:54

I got like this once about miniature horses. WHY can't we have little teeny tiny horses to play with in the play farm sets? WHY!

No it would have lovely smooth wool because I'd brush it twice a day

manicbmc Fri 18-May-12 14:13:36

And anyway, one vicious cat is quite enough for me without dinosaurs getting under my feet and bringing me dead things.

jaquelinehyde Fri 18-May-12 14:14:48

I too would like a micro mammouth and I hate you Honey for bringing this to my attention!!

Greige Fri 18-May-12 14:15:40

What a fabulous idea! I would love a micro mammoth too, but would it's tusks not snag in the upholstery? [practical emoticon]

hermionestranger Fri 18-May-12 14:15:46

They were talking on the radio about mini mammoths just the other day! Dh really wants one!

cheesesarnie Fri 18-May-12 14:15:48

evil child.

i want one too.

maybe youre slightly evil for making us all want one?

(i actually think youre ds sounds like an extremley cool child)

Jodidi Fri 18-May-12 14:16:09

I want a micro mammoth too. It sounds lovely.

SofaKing Fri 18-May-12 14:16:29

Yanbu, but it is now your duty to raise your Ds to be a geneticist so when he grows up there will be micro mammoths for all.

If he complains about the hijack of his future career, do remind him that he started it!

What about getting a Mini Sabre Tooth Tiger to keep the cat company? it's teeth would also come in handy to open beer bottles.

Hermione, really? Bizarre. Maybe Ds knows something I don't and they are going to make them?

manicbmc Fri 18-May-12 14:18:54

My cat would kill it. She's not a cat person at all and I'm pretty sure she'd be devastated to find out she is, in fact, a feline.

whatsapussycatdoll Fri 18-May-12 14:19:17

I really want one now!

My friends little brother used to love my lizards because they were like mini dinosaurs. I never thought how cool it would be to have actual mini dino's teeny t rex's AMAZING!

I really want a micro pig sized mammoth!!!! [sad}

sereneswan Fri 18-May-12 14:19:22

More than a micro mammoth I love the word 'snurfling'!

I think snurfling is the noise my cats make then they're trying to purr and gobble their food at the same time.

whatsapussycatdoll Fri 18-May-12 14:19:48

or sad even, can't type i will be thinking about this all day

Manic grin

Genuine LOL at Cat not being a cat person!

Ambrosius Fri 18-May-12 14:22:39

Evil child! grin I want a micro mammoth!
QOD - Did you ever read The Indian In The Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks? Oh, my heart hurt for a cupboard like that! Just so I could bring all my Britains horses to life... blush

SarahStratton Fri 18-May-12 14:24:12

I understand cat not being a cat person. LittleDog dislikes all other dogs intensely, with the exception of DParents dog, his cousin. He would be devastated to discover he is a <whispers> dog.

I would love a miniature Tapiar personally. All small and wooflly nosed.

Oh me too! I collected keys for ages as a result of that book in case one was magic!

I might dig it out for ds, bet I still have a copy in the loft.

Woofly nosed <<dies at very concept of any creature being woofly nosed>>

<<represses urge to go squeeee>>

hermionestranger Fri 18-May-12 14:26:54

I'm on my phone so can't link, but here's I've from the daily hate mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2141566/Mini-mammoths-roamed-Greek-island-Their-ancestors-shrank-stranded-there.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now