Talk

Advanced search

To want the ice cream van to stop his bloody chimes and fuck off?

(69 Posts)
ripsishere Sun 22-Apr-12 15:40:17

We live in a really quiet area, some children but not many. I have no problem with my DD having an ice cream every day if she wants one.
The ice cream van circles, it seems like I hear the them to Barney the dinosaur every 8 or 9 minutes.

ThePathanKhansWitch Sun 22-Apr-12 15:43:02

Yanbu. Teddy bears Picnic here, makes me want to get a shotgun and run down to the woods and shoot the first stuffed animal i see. bastard icecream man.

drivinmecrazy Sun 22-Apr-12 15:43:42

My DDs both thought the sound of the ice cream van was church bells til they were about 5. kept them away from the windows. May sound mean, but it has meant I am pestered only for about 7 years instead of 12. well worth the lie

ripsishere Sun 22-Apr-12 15:44:00

I know he has to make a living, but it really does feel as if it's incessant. He even drives around in the winter.

SauvignonBlanche Sun 22-Apr-12 15:46:06

YANBU
The bastard is driving round here ATM, now being deaf, I can't hear the fucker but DD is driving me mad about it.

ripsishere Sun 22-Apr-12 15:54:24

And he's back. I have asked him in the past whether he can turn the volume down. He scowled and muttered about busybodies.

hotheels Sun 22-Apr-12 15:55:29

I told dd1 that when the ice cream van has run out of ice cream that's when the chimes are played. <evil>

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Sun 22-Apr-12 15:56:33

I dont mind the chimes.

What I DO very much fucking mind is the bloody noise the bloody van makes when it sits outside my house for 20 minutes with its engine running.

Drives me insane

AND the cheeky fucker tried to park in OH's disabled parking bay and got really snooty when I told her to get out.

<emits smoke from top of head>

LadySybilDeChocolate Sun 22-Apr-12 15:59:22

It's the 'scrap i'rn' man here. Every 2 days. It's like groundhog day. I know where I'd stick his bloody bugle. wink

MadamFolly Sun 22-Apr-12 16:00:21

The one near here come around with the bloddy chimes between 10pm and midnight. Tis most annoying and am convinced its selling drugs.

ripsishere Sun 22-Apr-12 16:00:46

grin I'm not keen on the deisal fumes either. He knows my DD generally gets one a couple of times a week so waits for her.

hiddenhome Sun 22-Apr-12 16:04:09

Ours parks outside the front garden waiting for my kids to emerge hmm

McHappyPants2012 Sun 22-Apr-12 16:04:29

I wish I heard the ice cream van, it sells bread milk ect.

Don't want to walk over the shops and need cigarette.

ripsishere Sun 22-Apr-12 16:19:46

He's been round four times since I made the OP.
I think I'll report him to environmental health for something.

SauvignonBlanche Sun 22-Apr-12 16:22:25

DD gave up waiting and chased after the frigger in a nearby road, he'll be among here in about half an hour I'll bet.

SauvignonBlanche Sun 22-Apr-12 16:28:31

That's awful rip angry

BBQJuly Sun 22-Apr-12 17:06:55

YANBU. I wouldn't expect to hear it more than once a day.

ripsishere Sun 22-Apr-12 17:37:21

Well, he came round a further three times and now appears to have fucked off for his dinner.
He'll be back though. Guaranteed.

LentillyFart Sun 22-Apr-12 18:08:13

Teddy Bear's freaking Picnic here too. 10 years I've suffered this - have been sorely tempted to offer to buy the silly fucker a set of new tapes to play!

hiviolet Sun 22-Apr-12 18:09:12

YANBU. Bastard thing drives past my house circa 5pm every day. Went through a phase of waking the baby up angry I was glad when her nap times changed fit that reason alone!

MrsKittyFane Sun 22-Apr-12 18:16:00

And he's back. I have asked him in the past whether he can turn the volume down. He scowled and muttered about busybodies.
grin
grin
grin

Ratbagcatbag Sun 22-Apr-12 18:19:26

I lurve the ice cream van, I always dash out and beat the queue of snivelling kids so I get my icecream first!! Yummy!!

glamourousgranny42 Sun 22-Apr-12 18:22:21

I used to have an ice cream stop right outside my house every day. Told my daughter it was the music van until she was about 4 and my friends kids told her the truth!

BoffinMum Sun 22-Apr-12 18:23:43

Have you seen the Steve Sullivan short film 'Heap of Trouble'?
Here

You will never see ice cream vendors in the same light ever again.
Be warned! grin

(He asks you to donate something towards his costs - say a quid - if you want to watch the whole thing - worth doing as it's very funny and he deserves the help as an indi film maker).

Kayano Sun 22-Apr-12 18:24:38

Im sure my ice cream van is a front for drugs confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now