Talk

Advanced search

To actually be pleased my DH has low testosterone because

(10 Posts)
drivinmecrazy Mon 05-Mar-12 13:37:46

It might mean he might cheer up a bit. DH has been a bit of a grump to libe with over the past 18 months. He works very long hours, so is understandably often tired. Our sex life had almost come to a complete halt, his interest in sex almost non existent and only happening when I initiate it. It all came to a head a few weeks ago and he finally agreed to go to the doctors where he was sent for blood tests. I was actually quite worried the tests would come back all normal and would have to accept he is just slowly turning into a grumpy old man.
Results came back with very low testosterone, so now is waiting for his appointment next week to discuss when he can start his treatment. I can't wait.
Am looking forward to him maybe initiating sex once in a while, and greatly improving the quality of sex we do have.
I may be slightly unrealistic about the outcome, but am just so glad there is a reason for some of his behavior, and am also very proud of him for finally talking to the doctor. He's actually quite enthusiastic about it all

LindyHemming Mon 05-Mar-12 13:47:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drivinmecrazy Mon 05-Mar-12 13:56:06

Feel even happier now I have read that he will probably have an implant on his buttock. Think I may have to go with him to take pictures for moral support

SusanneLinder Mon 05-Mar-12 14:00:53

My Dh had this,but it was caused after by having and op plus chemo for testicular cancer. I kept telling him that the Lance Armstrong sites kept saying that any man who had an orchidectomy should have hormone treatment. It had to get serious before anyone took any notice. Anyway 5 years on,life is very much better.

Like females, if the boys hormones are out of sync, it isnt good.

SusanneLinder Mon 05-Mar-12 14:01:15

Oh he has 3 weekly injections

CokeZeroAddict Mon 05-Mar-12 14:02:19

Be careful if you want any more kids though, because testosterone replacement therapy is very bad for sperm production.

drivinmecrazy Mon 05-Mar-12 14:04:19

So good to hear it has made a positive difference. Am really very proud of him cos it took alot to go to the doctors and open up about all his symptoms. I think he is actually looking forward to waking up every morning with an erection again. Am sure I will be on here in a few weeks with an AIBU to wish DH would leave me alone grin

Psammead Mon 05-Mar-12 14:04:44

OP, I am glad that your DP is getting the help he needs, hormone inbalance is bloody awful. I have recently been diagnosed with low progesterone in my pregnancy and all the symptoms have almost been the death of me. Poor chap. Hope he's better soon.

drivinmecrazy Mon 05-Mar-12 14:05:56

Another bonus then Coke, definitely no more DC thank you very much. Am actually wondering now when to raise the suggestion that he has a vasectomy, I can see pain for him in the months ahead wink

rhondagraymond Tue 06-Nov-12 15:19:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now