Talk

Advanced search

To be so bloody broody that it hurts? Anyone else?

(29 Posts)
BroodyHell Sun 30-Oct-11 09:16:24

I think about being pregnant a lot of the time. If I see a pregnant woman I love it and feel excited that will be me one day. I want a baby so much it aches. It doesn't help that all my friends have dcs. One just found out she's expecting a 3rd but will probably abort as she can't afford it.

I'm 25, no dcs. My partner knows I'm broody but I don't think he knows to what extent and would probably run for the hills if he did.

Does anyone else feel this way? Anything to help the intensity of the feeling?

ArlingtonStringham Sun 30-Oct-11 09:19:27

I was you last year, except none of my friends had babies. Now I am 26 and have a 2 month old ;)

MoaninMinny Sun 30-Oct-11 09:22:25

nope, mind you im in my late 40s so it would be a nightmare for me lol

BroodyHell Sun 30-Oct-11 09:22:48

Ah well done! I hope to conceive soon. Not having much luck though, so much for 20 something's being able to conceive easily confused

NowNowThen Sun 30-Oct-11 09:23:17

Why don't you be honest about how you feel with your DP? You shouldnt keep it from him if you feel this strongly.

does your partner know you are trying to conceive? I ask because you say that he doesn't know how broody you are and would run for the hills if he did, but then you say that you hope to conceive soon but aren't having much luck.

And yes. I ache for another baby (my children are 11 & 12). We were originally going to have 3 children, but the two we have both have disabilities and we decided that it would be best to stay at 2 and put everything into meeting their needs.

But it hurts every day because there SHOULD have been a third child. I miss that child, I love them and I ache for them. There's a person missing at the dining table.

Ivette Tue 01-Nov-11 21:58:37

I'm like this, but already have DD so maybe that's why? anyway, I've got a new boyfriend, been together for 2 months, he loves kids and i know that and i also know he wants to have them himself but i am overthinking everything, don't want to be single mum again if he does a runner so don't know what to do :S

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Tue 01-Nov-11 22:22:21

I remember when I was in your boat. It is a rubbish feeling, my best advice would be to carry on with your life as normal (whilst having lots of lovely sex) and just let it happen.
Unfortunately having been in your position I know you will be completely unable to follow my advice.

rhondajean Tue 01-Nov-11 22:27:43

Been there and still get there sometimes, although for practical reasons I am firmly decided There Will Be No More. It makes me very sad to think that at times though, and I would far rather be where you are, with the possibility of it all to come still, than here knowing I will never have another one. And Im only 35.

Have a glass of wine and tell him how you feel. Whats the worst that can happen?

madonnawhore Tue 01-Nov-11 22:28:46

It's even worse when you feel like that and you're not in the right place in your relationship where you can consider it as an option sad

I dunno what the answer is. I just keep my head down and ride it out til it passes.

All my friends are getting pregnant and it really hurts.

I hope you manage to conceive soon (assuming your DP is on board and wants the same thing. Because if he doesn't, that's not cool).

AnonWasAWoman Tue 01-Nov-11 22:34:02

Yes, I feel the same. I think it's totally normal but you are right, it's not great fun is it?

madonna - sorry to hear that, too. I hope you feel you're in a better place soon.

A mate of mine is planning to try on her own. I think she's brave and I am not sure I would do it (I have a DH so the question at the moment doesn't arise). But I find it oddly comforting to know it is ok to feel strongly about this stuff, and other people do too.

ReebleBeeble Tue 01-Nov-11 22:36:19

I used to be like this until I had my DD now 10 months. Now I have no broody feelings whatsoever....

DP on the other hand is so broody he tears up at the sight of a newborn (and hopefully whispers "baby?") Ive told him that when he can help out looking after the one he's got, we can talk about another :D

AnonWasAWoman Tue 01-Nov-11 22:37:22

Btw, this may welll be totally unlike you, but my DH knows I'm broody and that's why we're not trying yet. It makes me feel angry at times but I also know (rationally) that he is being quite sensible and reasonable! I'm 27.

Coldcuppacoffee Tue 01-Nov-11 22:42:57

My DH was reluctant to commit at every stage of our relationship. A few months before our wedding, he found me totally overwhelmed on the landing. When he asked what was wrong, I said " I have to have children, now". The urge was overwhelming but had come out of the blue. It took 6 months to get PG but, bless him after all my nagging to move in/ get married, He trusted me with this one.

Rollon2012 Tue 01-Nov-11 23:33:04

Me too, sad

witchyhills Wed 02-Nov-11 08:06:46

Desperate, but nearly 42.
You have a lot of time on your side,it will happen, try not to worry.
And dont wish your life away!

Adversecamber Wed 02-Nov-11 08:36:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whitershadeofpale Wed 02-Nov-11 08:48:13

Yes, I feel tthe same. I'm 25 too but no DP and due to finances am currently living at home with DM, so I think I've got a long time to wait.

I've felt like it for a little while but earlier this year I was told that I would most likely miscarry any child I concieved without medication throughout pg. This has really intensified the feelings for me. it's almost like an ache and I honestly feel unable to comprehend a life without children.

BroodyHell Wed 02-Nov-11 09:20:48

Thanks for the replies, glad I'm not alone.

My DP is on board, we've agreed to just not use contraception and if it happens, it happens. Although I am looking out for my fertile times and symptom watching - this is the bit he doesn't know about. I think it would just freak him out a bit and put pressure on him.

whenshewasbad I will take your advice and I am quite relaxed about it all, we have a great sex life and relatonship. During sex I'm not thinking about getting pregnant.

Also I'm not too worried if it doesn't happen right now as I know next year would be better. I'm just so bloody broody!!

Rollon2012 Wed 02-Nov-11 09:30:46

do you buy any of those ovulation thingys? may help you

I'm really desperate for a girl too, had a thread a while back about it, its just an aching feeling isnt it.

mrstiredandconfused Wed 02-Nov-11 10:32:25

Know the feeling sad - i'm 28, dh 33, together 11 years and married for 2. Both desperate to ttc but just not in a position to (jobs under threat). Even though I'm on the pill my heart still sinks every month.

How long have you been ttc for? It's very true that relaxing is key- you'd be amazed how many couples have investigations and are referred for treatment then conceive spontaneously before treatment starts, I truly believe that when the pressure to conceive is off it does help conception!

wineandcheese Wed 02-Nov-11 12:09:58

To be honest, I think you should revel in that feeling rather than seeing it as a bad thing! You are young, in a good relationship, broody and you are trying for a baby. It sounds brilliant!

I know how overwhelming broodiness feels. I felt a physical ache and longing almost constantly between the ages of 28 and 30. Unfortunately for me, my DP wasn't ready to start a family - not many men in their 20s are, in my experience - and it was hugely frustrating for me. Luckily, two years down the line, we are both on the same page and it feels great to be TTC.

StaceymAloneForver Wed 02-Nov-11 12:17:58

i'm 25 and me and dp want a baby )my dc's aren't his) we've been trying for nearly a year sad although today af is due and there is no sign grin so fingers crossed the baby i have ached for is finally on its way.

I hope you and Dp sort it out and have a baby soon smile

DoesNotGiveAFig Wed 02-Nov-11 12:20:45

You have been together 2 months? Are you KIDDING about having another child now?

shock

hiss42 Wed 02-Nov-11 12:27:18

I'm 21 with an 11 week old DS. He was unitention (but a VERY happy addition!)
I know that having two kids is a million times harder and I can still be young with one but two would tie us down even more. But everyone I know is pregnant and I miss it so much sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now