Talk

Advanced search

Charity Christmas gifts.

(5 Posts)
AVoidkaTheKillerZombies Wed 26-Oct-11 10:56:41

AIBU to think that if you are going to buy someone a charity gift for Christmas the charity should be their choice not yours?

NotJustClassic Wed 26-Oct-11 11:02:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slavetofilofax Wed 26-Oct-11 11:02:49

YANBU.

I don't really like charity gifts, and in all honesty, I can't say I would feel grateful if someone bought me a goat from Oxfam. I have my own charities that I give a lot of support to, so if a donation is going to be made on my behalf, it should be to one of them.

OldGreyWassailTest Wed 26-Oct-11 11:09:34

I bought my sister a charity animal one year and she was highly amused - it was a rescued turkey!

AMumInScotland Wed 26-Oct-11 11:17:43

I think charity gifts should be something you ask for, for yourself, rather than something you decide to give to other people who haven't expressed any interest in the idea. Or else to make a point to ungrateful gits who turn their nose up at anything you give them. The idea that I can decide to give your present to someone more needy instead seems very smug to me. Unless they've suggested/agreed/whatever of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now