Talk

Advanced search

to expect Waitrose on Line

(13 Posts)
MatureUniStudent Wed 26-Oct-11 10:20:17

website not to be so agonisingly slow. It took me a couple of hours today just to the online shop. The sections are confusing, and their search engine is pretty poor. So much so I wished I'd just made the effort and gone and got the shopping, it would have been quicker - however it is half term so thought to do the shop before the children got up...

LydiaWickham Wed 26-Oct-11 10:24:04

Use Ocado.

ScaredBear Wed 26-Oct-11 10:24:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 26-Oct-11 10:24:30

ditto Lydia. smile

going Wed 26-Oct-11 10:26:48

Ocaod has a much better layout.

going Wed 26-Oct-11 10:26:56

ocado!

banana87 Wed 26-Oct-11 10:28:31

Ocado all the way! grin

CurwySwide Wed 26-Oct-11 10:28:39

I gave up on Waitrose online for the very same reasons, then I had three late deliveries with Ocado (one was seven hours late - delivery turned up at 10.30pm on a Saturday night!) so have decided to shop in store now.

I used to use Sainsbury's online and found them excellent.

TheSkiingGardener Wed 26-Oct-11 10:31:07

Ocado has a better website and an app, but I still use Waitrose because of Ocado's extortionate delivery charges.

I have lists set up on the Waitrose site and now I've used it a lot I can be very quick. They sent a survey round about it a while ago and seem to be trying to improve so hopefully it will get better. They are also working on an app I think.

MatureUniStudent Wed 26-Oct-11 10:34:29

It is the free delivery over £50 that suckers me in. I can do a supposedly "quick top up shop" midweek with Waitrose and it won't cost me in delivery charges. Sainsburys free delivery only counts over £100 which is too much for me mid week. So I grit my teeth and take hours, just for the free delivery.

Anyone else find Waitrose on line agonisingly slow?

tooearlymustdache Wed 26-Oct-11 10:42:07

I found it much more time-consuming than Ocado, but since my last 2 deliveries with Ocado resulted in £65 worth of refunds due to damaged packaging and £25 worth of vouchers as compensation, i'm willing to sit an extra hour on my fat arse and get it right with Waitrose.

thesurgeonsmate Wed 26-Oct-11 10:58:37

I don't use it. It's too slow. It does literally take hours, and I'd rather pay the Sainsbury's delivery fee than spend hours doing the shopping. If I had hours to spend shopping, I could go to the bloody shop!

onadifferentplanettoday Wed 26-Oct-11 11:03:35

I just put the whole of my last order basket into my trolley,as lots of it is regular items then scroll through and delete the bits I dont want then just add any extras and have it all done in 10 minutes or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now