Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Im undecided as to whether im in the wrong?, the problem is we have a space already but I leave it for dp

(19 Posts)
tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 18:28:52

as we have two cars ,so I park in a bay saying P,so I park leaving a gap behind me as I have been blocked in.

Everytime I park people keep parking right up to my bumper,So I go out today and drop the car back a bit and then get into a disgreement with a neighbours visitor.

Who said it was for vistiors only and that I should learn to park better,and not be so moody ,she started to go into one,so I closed the door and I said you dont live here so Im not getting into this with you,maybe I wont be considerate in future as you arent.

I shut the door but now I feel bad as I have always been considerate to others,I could just take the whole bay up but im not that petty.

So should I apologise,or leave my car there but just leave a gap infront of the bumper so anyone can park behind,leaving me room to get out ,the thing is they have a space but have given it to a neighbour which they could use,and I know we could use ours but alot of people have more than 1 car nowadays?.

Aibu?,as I feel bad,as its not just visitors we have to try and share a space with,even though its not for visitors anyone can park there its the commuters who park and go of to work for the day.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Tue 25-Oct-11 18:33:46

I have read this twice and haven't a clue what you mean. What is the significance of P? Why would a gap in front help parking behind? What does this "I feel bad,as its not just visitors we have to try and share a space with,even though its not for visitors anyone can park there its the commuters who park and go of to work for the day" mean?

I am genuinely stumped.

Ghoulwithadragontattoo Tue 25-Oct-11 18:34:53

It sounds like YABU. The spaced marked P is for everyone and there is space for 2 cars right? If so you should park so there is enough space for another car and still leaving enough space for you to get out. Then everyone would be happy.

tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 18:36:40

Sorry the space is for one,with the letter P its only 1 parking bay, but I park so it can be for two if that makes sense.

benandhollyandgaston Tue 25-Oct-11 18:39:04

Eh?

Do you live in flats? And have one allocated parking space? Which you park in?

Flisspaps Tue 25-Oct-11 18:40:20

So:

You have a dedicated parking space but choose not to park there so that your DP can use it.

You use a space marked P which anyone can use, but then moved your car back so that no-one parked up to your bumper - was it then hanging over another bay (you say you could have 'take the whole bay up' but didn't?)

If this is the case, I think whoever gets home first out of you and DP should park in the allocated bay (rather than leaving your dedicated bay empty) and then whoever gets home second parks properly in any available bay - not overhanging another bay.

Flisspaps Tue 25-Oct-11 18:41:19

X-post. Why can't you park in your allocated space and let DP worry about finding a parking space when he gets in?

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Tue 25-Oct-11 18:41:52

OK, I am working through this grin.

So you have one allocated space and your DP parks in there. There is only one 'spare' space, the one marked P, and that can fit two, at a squeeze. You always park there and sometimes leave space for another. That about it?

How many other people need to use the 'P' space, potentially? And what happens if they can't park there - is there parking nearby?

tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 18:44:15

Fliss yes we have an allocated parking space.

Yes I use a space marked P but its for one car only,I dont take the whole bay up I use half so someone else can park in it.

And yes maybe I should do what you suggested it makes sense,its just I was worried he may not have anywhere to park.

Flisspaps Tue 25-Oct-11 18:45:31

Well then I think you should park in your space, and let DP worry about where he's going to park when he gets in smile

tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 18:48:21

I always leave a space for others Sue,I was trying to be considerate there are 3 rows of house that use our road to park,there is no room for them in theirs.

You would struggle to find other parking anywhere else.

LynetteScavo Tue 25-Oct-11 18:48:54

Who says it's for visitors only? Who ever gets there first can park there, but I do think it's a bit rude to bagsy it all the time...other residents might have 2 cars per family as well.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Tue 25-Oct-11 18:54:09

Thing is though,if she stops parking there, someone else might hog it all the time. Her freeing up the space doesn't automatically mean that it will be available for visitors.

I suppose you park there because you get there earlier than most and so it's usually free? If you left it for someone else and parked in your proper space, your DP would struggle to find somewhere when he got home later?

I don't know. I understand it now grin but I don't know if YABU. <helpful>

tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 18:57:05

Lynette the parking space is for anyone,I just park there as generally knowone parks there normally,its just got busier recently and there is not enough parking for everyone other residents from other roads are now parking in our street.

And visitors and commuters as well.

tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 18:58:27

Thanks Sue you are right and my dp is home very late every night.

benandhollyandgaston Tue 25-Oct-11 18:59:19

I think you're in the wrong, actually. You should park in your space not leave it empty while you park elsewhere.

squeakyfreakytoy Tue 25-Oct-11 19:03:07

I am not even sure I understand, but just park in the bay properly and avoid all this drama.

tosayimsorry Tue 25-Oct-11 19:03:26

Ok benandholly you have a valid point thanksgrin.

clam Tue 25-Oct-11 19:04:43

Nope. No idea what all this is about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now