Talk

Advanced search

To think that treating men like prostitues is a step too far?

(28 Posts)
FaceOfFeminism Tue 25-Oct-11 14:00:11

The dark side of feminism

Using men for sexual gratification even worse travelling to pretty much 3rd world destinations for the sterotypical big, black cock

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-who-travel-for-sex-sun-sea-and-gigolos-407202.html

Take Jamaica, where 17 per cent of the population lives below the poverty line. Hustling on the beach is the only way that some young men can feed themselves and their families. No wonder they choose older women who pay better than younger ones. InNegril, the men can earn $100 (£60) for sex with a female tourist, £90 for oral sex, which Jamaican men usually regard as taboo

My friend and I decided to treat ourselves to a stay in a luxury hotel in St Lucia for 10 days of pure pampering - and ideally a sexual encounter. This was the first time I'd gone on holiday explicitly with this intention. I was keen to find a St Lucian man as I'd heard they were very well endowed

Or is this what you called equality and enlightenment?

Prolesworth Tue 25-Oct-11 14:02:51

biscuit

chibi Tue 25-Oct-11 14:06:33

many feminists are againsts prostitution
there rae many coheerent, well reasoned critiques to that effect

they do not rest on who is doing the selling, and who is doing the buying

i expect most are locatable using a search engine like Google

i imagine handy search terms would be 'feminist critique of prostitution'

i hope you find this helpful

hugz, chibi

iMemoo Tue 25-Oct-11 14:06:40

I do not believe you!

Naaaarf off

PartyPooperz Tue 25-Oct-11 14:09:22

So if feminism is what makes women exploit male poverty for sexual gratification what is the male equivalent cause for the thai sex trade? Specifically the need to rape small children too?

Oh silly me. That will no doubt be feminism's fault as well.

Crap wind-up OP.

MonstrouslyNarkyPuffin Tue 25-Oct-11 14:22:13

Biscuit

onagar Tue 25-Oct-11 15:03:14

I've got little time for MN's version of feminism, but there is no connection between that and male prostitution in Jamaica.

A (comparatively small) number of woman have always paid for the services of men. If they are not breaking the local law then I see no real harm in it.

I'm not a fan of prostitution in general, but I believe people have the right to do things that I don't want to do myself.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Tue 25-Oct-11 15:11:36

You've been righteously indignant about it since the story was published in 2006? hmm
Where do you get the energy?

HardCheese Tue 25-Oct-11 15:17:55

And did you think up the entirely spurious link with feminism all by yourself? Dear lord.

Whatmeworry Tue 25-Oct-11 15:21:27

Yawn.

switchtvoffdosomelessboring Tue 25-Oct-11 15:30:57

£60 for sex! Walk into any bar in any city and I'm sure you will find a man willing to do it for free!

Onemorning Tue 25-Oct-11 22:47:47

biscuit

A step too far?

So treating women as prostitutes is ok, but treating men like prostitutes crosses a line?

Nobody should be abused. Male or female.

It's not a very difficult concept.

LeBOOOf Tue 25-Oct-11 23:00:43

I think you will find that this is the dark side of capitalism, actually. Can you link to any feminist campaigns to encourage women to use male prostitutes in a poorer (or indeed any) country? I'm not sure what is to be gained from engaging with this nonsense thread though, so don't feel obliged to respond, as I think I'll hide it now.

Onemorning Tue 25-Oct-11 23:01:15

I don't think that treating men as prostitutes is okay. It's every bit as vile as treating women as prostitutes.

But saying it's 'feminism' is bollocks.

EricNorthmansMistress Tue 25-Oct-11 23:19:50

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

PMSL

AmorYCohetes Tue 25-Oct-11 23:23:52

Every time i think i'm done with mumsnet i see a thread like this and the responses so far, and it reminds me why i never can say goodbye. <3

TethHearseEnd Tue 25-Oct-11 23:25:38

I think it's the dark side of the moon.

Onemorning Tue 25-Oct-11 23:31:09

Or the dark side of the loon?

HerdOfTinyElephants Tue 25-Oct-11 23:42:10

Some men have been treating some other men like prostitutes since at least the fourth century BC. I assume that that, and the equally venerable practice of some men treating some women as prostitutes, are just fine and dandy and it is only the existence of a handful of female sex tourists that is a step too far?

In any event I don't see what this has to do with feminism. Or is anything done anywhere by any woman automatically down to feminism now? <reaches to scratch itchy patch on leg in name of feminism> <takes sip of water as feminist act> <picks up remote control in sisterly solidarity>

tallwivghoulies Tue 25-Oct-11 23:42:29

Welcome to mn, Face. And thank you for linking to an article I first read in 2006.

Your point is...?

<ooh, Amor and Tethers - thanks, I was wondering what to put on next. Looks like dj tall's going down the disco --> psychodelic route>

DuelingFanjo Tue 25-Oct-11 23:43:07

I think the OP just wanted to write big black cock into the internets.

tallwivghoulies Tue 25-Oct-11 23:43:49

Wooo!

Of course it's to do with feminism, Herd.

If it wasn't for <spits> feminism, wimmin would Know Their Place.

We'd be 1950s housewives, cooking, cleaning and laying out slippers for our menfolk. We'd accept their loving slap with gratitide, thankful that they cared enough to want to keep us in line, we wouldn't answer back or make our own decisions and man would be King. we certainly wouldn't be going on these disgusting girls holidays where we <shudder> drink and laugh and wear bikinis and sometimes actually have <sits down and fans self in shock> casual sex shock

So yes. I blame feminism. Gives these wimmin ideas above their station.

<kicks self back into kitchen>
<gives self black eye>
<sighs happily>

ElectricSoftParade Wed 26-Oct-11 09:10:50

Hecate grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now