Talk

Advanced search

To have put ds2 to sleep on the floor, under the desk in dhs study?

(14 Posts)
QuintessentialShadyHallows Mon 24-Oct-11 22:47:53

I am knackered. He is 6. He shares a bedroom with ds1 who is 9. He has been causing merry mayhem since 8.30. He wont sleep. He has been running around upstairs, giggling, and disturbing his brother.
We are getting up really early tomorrow morning. It is half term. I am driving hours out of London for a break with a friend and her two sons. I need to pack, I need to rest, I need to get everything ready, and instead of going to sleep. They are winding me up.
Dh has gone to Tesco to buy me a new day pack. The room is warm, has a nice carpet. I put him on his duvet and doubled it up over him. He is not happy. But at least it is quiet now, and ds1 who needs more sleep, is hopefully nodding off.

Aibu?
What else could I have done?

Here, have wine........ sounds like you need it smile

QuintessentialShadyHallows Mon 24-Oct-11 22:53:17

Yes...... wine is a good idea. Thanks. (Actually have a glass now. A gorgeous Fleurie - love a good burgundy)

OneDove Mon 24-Oct-11 22:53:40

He is warm and comfy. Sounds like he is settling. YANBU.

I would only say dont make it a regular occurrence. Have you tried a reward system for staying in his bed? (not being patronising just asking).

AgentZigzag Mon 24-Oct-11 22:54:46

I would have thought it'd be great fun to camp under a desk grin

YANBU, and what ATUA said.

QuintessentialShadyHallows Mon 24-Oct-11 22:55:09

He does not usually do this. They are usually great. But then, his dad is normally working in his study next to his room, this time of night, so shenanigans NOT acceptable.

They are just letting go of all inhibitions, because mum is alone, and packing for a great adventure!!

CardyMow Mon 24-Oct-11 22:56:49

Quint - next time - put him in your bed and move him once asleep. But it is impossible to think clearly in those situations. And no, one night on a study floor will not kill him. I remember one night when DS2 slept on the sofa one night for the same reason, and my friend telling me I could have put him in my bed, and moved him, cue me doing a <<facepalm>> because in the heat of the moment, it just hadn't occured to me...

MrsRetchingBloodAndGuts Mon 24-Oct-11 22:59:46

Yh, I'd have put him in our bed til he fell asleep but hey... Not gonna kill him

QuintessentialShadyHallows Mon 24-Oct-11 23:12:32

No, he LOVES being in my bed. It would be such a treat, and I did not feel I could reward such behaviour!!

QuintessentialShadyHallows Mon 24-Oct-11 23:51:30

He is in his bed now. They both fell asleep within minutes of being separated!

pickgo Tue 25-Oct-11 01:03:49

This is funny - it made me laugh grin

Hope you have a good few days away and those naughty boys GO TO BED!

flamegirl77 Tue 25-Oct-11 03:52:09

Agree Quint, why should he get to go in your bed? Have a great time on your hols!

QuintessentialShadyHallows Tue 25-Oct-11 09:04:44

Well, we are about to leave, and neither appear to have suffered any ill effects from ds2s camping adventure under daddys big desk. smile

Excellent. Have fun grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now