Talk

Advanced search

X Factor: To think that if Frankie Cocozza was girl...

(40 Posts)
Treadmillmom Mon 24-Oct-11 19:57:21

...would her behaviour be so well received?
Audition 1 girl 18 walks onto stage and announces her love for boys to prove the point she reveals the tattooed names of 6 boys on her behind.
It's the 21st Century, would the crowd and judges have whooped so enthusiastically?
Sure she has a great personality and is full of fun however her singing is pretty weak and when challenged with being ousted from the competition she cheers herself up with a night out with the girls, drinking far too much and 'allegedly' bedding 5 men in one night.
Would her actions, in this 21st Century have proved her comeback, a resurgence of her strength, her determination, kept her in the competition?
Somehow I doubt it; somehow I doubt she would've got through the first audition.
These double standards p*ss me off no end.

TidyDancer Mon 24-Oct-11 19:59:51

I don't think his behaviour has been that well received tbh. But in principle, you're right.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Mon 24-Oct-11 19:59:57

Quite right. It's getting uncomfortable actually - all the boy's club-style backslapping and swaggering.
Though if Cock-Oozer was a girl, he couldn't bang on about pulling 'birds' - we'd have to think of another slightly derogatory term for his/her conquests.

Remotecontrolduck Mon 24-Oct-11 20:04:21

You're right, shocking double standard. He's vile, who's even voting for him??

LadyEvilEyes Mon 24-Oct-11 20:06:54

Totally agree with you actually Tread.
I must admit that the way they glorify his behaviour because he's just a lad annoys me.
Hopefully, I've brought my 16 year old son to treat his female friends as equals, not potential shag partners.
I watch the X Factor, but I think portraying skanky Frankie as some sort of teenage stud is doing him no favours whatsoever.

LeBOOOf Mon 24-Oct-11 20:18:40

I think the producers have made a bit of a mistake actually- they were probably expecting a slightly naughtier version of Olly Murs, but instead got a syphilitic boil which emits a hissing sound that passes for singing when squeezed.

TartyMcFarty Mon 24-Oct-11 20:21:16

... but instead got a syphilitic boil which emits a hissing sound that passes for singing when squeezed.

Just grin

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Mon 24-Oct-11 20:23:09

"a syphilitic boil which emits a hissing sound that passes for singing when squeezed"

Now that is a good insult grin

I think he is coming across as a bit grotty tbh, not the cool rocky rebel the producers were no doubt hoping for

poppygolucky Mon 24-Oct-11 20:23:58

YABU for saying he has a 'great personality' and is 'full if Tim's.

From what I can see he has no personality and is full of shit.

poppygolucky Mon 24-Oct-11 20:25:59

*fun not tims!

He could be full of tims, but that's a whole other thread..

PureBloodMuggle Mon 24-Oct-11 20:26:05

There actually was a girl who came on, during the interviews, oozing confidence (minus the imagined sexual prowess) not long after him and she was told to bring it down a notch and that it wouldn't do her any favour.

Practically the opposite of what they had to say to him. And she could sing unlike him, as far as I can recall.

dexter73 Mon 24-Oct-11 20:28:57

You are absolutely right.

mousesma Mon 24-Oct-11 20:29:32

Horrible and what sort of message does it give to the teenage girls in the audience, that it's ok for men to treat you like a sex object and nothing else?

noddyholder Mon 24-Oct-11 20:31:19

I think he is being hugely manipulated by the producers who can't decide who they want him to be.

SugarPasteZombie Mon 24-Oct-11 20:31:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SugarPasteZombie Mon 24-Oct-11 20:33:02

lechillycornsilk Mon 24-Oct-11 20:34:13

I agree he's being manipulated to be a bad boy, but the public won't like it you mark my words. <taps nose>

SurprisEs Mon 24-Oct-11 20:35:34

He's repulsive. I really can't understand why anyone would idolise him in any way.

Can't sing, scruffy, obviously lacking integrity and a poor representation of what a young man should treat a woman like.

And you're right in saying that if he was a she then things would be different.

SoupDragon Mon 24-Oct-11 20:35:53

Did you really need to post this twice?

lechillycornsilk Mon 24-Oct-11 20:36:56

yes that's a bit suspicious isn't it...are you Craig's mum OP?

iarebaboon Mon 24-Oct-11 20:37:42

Likewise the fat boy they've put on a diet and show eating plates if lettuce. Amazing double standard. But then we all knew it's a ghastly show

LadyEvilEyes Mon 24-Oct-11 21:08:15

I've just noticed you also posted this on Telly Addicts Op.
It seems you do watch the programme, so you should come on the X Factor thread where people have been saying things on the same line for weeks.
LeBooofs post is pretty much the concensus.

SugarPasteZombie Mon 24-Oct-11 21:09:26

LeBOOOf Mon 24-Oct-11 21:16:59

Hell yeah grin

DoMeDon Mon 24-Oct-11 21:17:09

YANBU - a woman doing the same would be brnded all sorts of hideous names and be booted out for being confident. Woman who shags about = slag, woman who is over confident = bitch. <steam>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now