Talk

Advanced search

if i change nickname?

(17 Posts)
scruffybird23 Mon 24-Oct-11 19:22:03

How do I start a thread and not have it shown on my account under threads I started? Already tried changing nickname but all threads still show?

lechillycornsilk Mon 24-Oct-11 19:23:22

but surely if someone does a search for you only the threads under the name that you currently have will show|?

Birdsgottafly Mon 24-Oct-11 19:24:09

Sorry i don't know but while we are on the subject, can i ask; if you change your nickname does the original stay on 'hold' for you?

FearTricksPotter Mon 24-Oct-11 19:24:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FearTricksPotter Mon 24-Oct-11 19:25:09

benandhollyandgaston Mon 24-Oct-11 19:25:57

Scruffy - you would need to either wait for the time limit to elapse for it to drop off or you would have to deregister and register again rather than just name change.

Birdsgotta - yes, hoone else can take your name if it's just a name change. I don't think you can get it back if you deregister though.

scruffybird23 Mon 24-Oct-11 19:27:43

How do I delete thread history on my account?
What if I want to post something that wont show on my account history?

MangoMonster Mon 24-Oct-11 19:29:46

So you can namechange for one thread and then revert to old name?

lechillycornsilk Mon 24-Oct-11 19:29:46

chat threads get deleted after 3 months (I think)
I think that off the beaten track threads are hard to find also
MNHQ sometimes delete threads if you ask nicely!

scruffybird23 Mon 24-Oct-11 19:29:46

Ok, nothing sinister just thinking of asking opinions on a subject I may not want anyone I know seeing

benandhollyandgaston Mon 24-Oct-11 19:29:47

You can't delete your thread history.

If you post in chat it will automatically be deleted in 90 days.

If you post elsewhere it will stay.

If you desperately need something to be deleted you need to contact MNHQ by clicking the report button above the post and explain why you need it to be deleted.

If you want to post something that doesn't show as being from scruffybird23 then you can namechange. No one else will be able to see that your new name and scruffybird23 are the same poster.

FearTricksPotter Mon 24-Oct-11 19:30:20

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Mon 24-Oct-11 19:34:20

If you de-reg and then join again, you get a nice new thread history to look at.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 19:36:04

Threads I'm On is visible only to you, you know. So it's only there, in the place that only you can see, that your two nicknames are linked.

FabbyChic Mon 24-Oct-11 19:38:11

If it is that sensitive, get a new ID with a dif email address and use that to post, you only have to use it once.

Magneto Mon 24-Oct-11 19:45:28

If you hide your profile (so people can't click on your name) then they can't see the threads you posted on that show on your profile. Is that what you meant?

Birdsgottafly Mon 24-Oct-11 21:40:18

BHG- thanks, i just want a Christmassy name, at Christmas obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now