Talk

Advanced search

cathartic rant

(7 Posts)
DelGirl Mon 24-Oct-11 09:37:47

have to write this down to offload.........am not raging just miffed. I have had relatives of friends staying for 2 nights. Agreed to put them up as friends had more relatives arriving (the other relatives ended up going in a hotel in the end and this was known before they came to me). Turned up just as I was about to serve dinner, fine as I knew they were though had expected them at lunch time.

They intended and expressed they wanted to eat with us yesterday and then proceeded to accept dinner with their relatives leaving me on my tod last night. They have just gone leaving me to sort everything as I have 4 friends of mine arriving today for a week so slight inconvenience tbh but I didn't really mind. Got a verbal thanks and I know itss not done to expect gifts or but you, well I, would at least get a card or bottle of wine or something. We went out for a drink on Sat night and they never offered then either, I ended up paying for them. I do like them but now thinking cheeky wotsits. AIBU sigh

DelGirl Mon 24-Oct-11 09:44:47

and and and, they connected up to my wifi and (not sure if this affects my bill or not) but without asking downloaded loads of films to watch on the way home, I mean who does that?????? grrr. These people are in their 60/70's btw not that it matters mind.

mrsm123 Mon 24-Oct-11 09:50:12

they are spongers. i hate people like that. just dont do it again.
hope youve got it off your chest. now just enjoy your week and forget about them (big smile, dont know how to do the yellow face thing)

fuzzywuzzy Mon 24-Oct-11 09:52:05

If you have a limited download limit then it will cost you if they've taken you overthat otherwise the WiFi thing should be OK, call your intenet provider and ask.

DelGirl Mon 24-Oct-11 09:58:40

I think there is a limit yes but will just have to suck it up. I think next time I just won't be able to put them up, I just can't believe how people are like that tbh. Oh well, lesson learnt. Yes very excited about seeing my friends and must get on with things. and breathe smile. It saddens me though more than anything as I think people don't give a stuff and think they can get away with taking the micky, tbh when I think, the whole family are like it really. Hey ho, I do have great friends, I guess we're not all the same. Enough now.

fuzzynavel Mon 24-Oct-11 11:24:43

YANBU - ruddy cheek. We live and learn huh. Guesthouse Closed next time wink

beatenbyayellowzombie Mon 24-Oct-11 11:28:26

YANBU. They showed no consideration for you at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now