Talk

Advanced search

To insist on watching my TV show when DH wants to sleep?

(23 Posts)
MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Sun 23-Oct-11 23:03:49

on the effing sofa? He doesn't want to go to bed because DD (aged 3) is asleep in it and she gets on his nerves as she moves a lot...she's not quite well which is why she's in our bed.....wouldn't settle and I put her in there....he didn't help me settle her and I was tired of running up and down stairs.

A show I love is about to begin and he's kicked off because he wants to go to sleep on the sofa and I say if he's that tred he can go to frigging bed!

I am insisting he is wrong. No other telivision in the house.

slartybartfast Sun 23-Oct-11 23:05:59

he shoudl go to bed.
there!
make him gooooooooooooo

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 23-Oct-11 23:06:07

YANBU. No other TV, but there are other places to sleep. So you win.

Can he sleep in 3-year-old's bed? (obviously not if she's still in a cotbed....)

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Sun 23-Oct-11 23:07:53

She has a toddler bed.....he's now on sofa harumphing.

AgentZigzag Sun 23-Oct-11 23:08:03

What does he expect you to do if you do as you're told and switch the telly off?

Is he just being tetchy because he's nackered?

cantspel Sun 23-Oct-11 23:10:29

Move your dd to her own bed so that your oh can get himself to bed.

I persume he has work in the morning and it is now gone 11

Housewifefromheaven Sun 23-Oct-11 23:12:06

Earplugs

Dee03 Sun 23-Oct-11 23:14:06

He's very selfish isn't he!!
You watch your tv programme....sofa's are not for sleeping on, beds are for sleeping!!

EightiesChickOrTreat Sun 23-Oct-11 23:17:53

If he's that tired, he'll sleep either through a TV show or with a wriggly child in bed. Whichever he prefers. You still get to watch your show.

HavePatience Sun 23-Oct-11 23:18:18

I've curled up in DS' toddler bed with him before blush. I'm sure he'd fit on his own... smile

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Sun 23-Oct-11 23:20:15

cantspell no he doesnt have work....not till Wednesday and I have work too you know!

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Sun 23-Oct-11 23:21:50

Why doesn't he just put DD back into her own bed?

But I can't decide if YABU or NU until you tell me which show.

AgentZigzag Sun 23-Oct-11 23:22:27

What's the program you want to watch?

Just for a bit of judging on the side...

cantspel Sun 23-Oct-11 23:22:41

Didn't say you didn't but if he is tired then he needs to sleep and if he cant sleep with your dd in the bed then you need to move her.

Turn the volume up...hopefully it's spmething annoying like TOWIE..

Why can't he place you LO in their bed and get himself into his own?

If he doesn't have work till Weds he should get up in the night, no?

AgentZigzag Sun 23-Oct-11 23:23:22

grin at nosey x-posting with you chipping.

HavePatience Sun 23-Oct-11 23:24:44

Cantspel why can't he move her?

cantspel Sun 23-Oct-11 23:29:15

No reason he cant move her. So op tell him to put your dd back in her own bed and then go to bed himself.

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Sun 23-Oct-11 23:30:41

Come on mumbling ZigZig & I need to know grin

HavePatience Sun 23-Oct-11 23:35:21

I'd like to know the show as well

ImperialBlether Sun 23-Oct-11 23:35:50

Can you record the program? If you can and he's promising to stay on the sofa overnight, I'd record it. Otherwise, he should go up to bed, you should both move your DD into her own bed and then you should watch the tv.

AgentZigzag Sun 23-Oct-11 23:42:48

Derren Brown's on in five mins on 4+1 smile

LivingDead Sun 23-Oct-11 23:45:38

Tell him to go to bed, he can either put up with 3yo wiggliness, or put her in her own bed and deal with possible resultant fall out. I have zero tolerance of snoring falling asleep on the sofa with Dp, it really really pisses me off. If I have to put up with mega snoring just to sleep in the bed, I am sure as freaking hell not going to put up with it during the day too.

I wouldn't be chased upstairs either if I wanted to watch something and wasn't tired. Dp will often fall asleep on the sofa and snore his head off whilst I'm trying to mn watch TV. I wake him and say, go to bed, he will ignore several times and continue to make me apoplectic with rage snore like a trooper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now