Talk

Advanced search

To have bought more maternity jeans!?!

(13 Posts)
chickenchops Sun 23-Oct-11 19:32:05

Right so....

Have struggled my whole life with crap jeans that don't fit. Always had a bit of an ummm flabby tummy but skinny legs. Imagine my joy when pregnant that I found for the first time clothes fit and where flattering! Oh my!

So here I am 6 months post baby and just been to new look and bought two new pairs of maternity jeans. The kind with the big stretchy belly band. I obviously told hubby that this was because the big band would help me be discret and show less skin when breast feeding when out but really...

(whispers) its because they are the freaking most comfortable jeans I've ever owned and they only cost me 12 quid each.

Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Olivetti Sun 23-Oct-11 19:38:32

I don't know....I suspect they'll start falling off you once you've worn them a bit. They're designed to go with a bump, and I just found they didn't work afterwards, and I wasn't exactly a rake!

bigfatgypsy Sun 23-Oct-11 19:39:48

I've not bought more maternity jeans but I have discovered the wonders that are 'high-waisted' jeans which are the best things since sliced bread for my still-jelly-belly 10yrs after my first child blush.

Don't worry, as long as you wear longish tops to cover the band no-one will ever know and most importantly youll be comfy smile

Olivetti Sun 23-Oct-11 19:41:28

Yes, I got some of those as well! I got a pair from Top Shop and some from Warehouse. Look lush!

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 19:41:49

Wear them.. and dont worry about it. Elasticated waistbands are not just for pregnant women!! grin

I would rather be comfy than feel like I am being cut in half with a tight waistband, and if you are breastfeeding its not reasonable to be trying to lose weight, or comfortable for doing loads of sit-ups either.

NatashaBee Sun 23-Oct-11 20:09:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KD0706 Sun 23-Oct-11 20:25:14

I've just bought mat jeans from new look and was ultra impressed at how cheap they are!!

Anyway, back to topic. You do what makes you happy and if you're happy in mat jeans then on you go and YANBU.

However for the record I personally wouldn't wear maternity clothes more than a few months after birth and wouldn't be buying new mat jeans six months post birth. Sorry.

Tiredprobably Sun 23-Oct-11 22:58:58

I did the same! At 4 months, finally got rid at 7 months! I miss them, h&m do lovely ones!

MrsBloodyTroll Sun 23-Oct-11 23:53:00

I am a couple of months post-natal, was still wearing maternity jeans (with no plans to ditch them) but DH told me they looked terrible because they were falling down my arse with no bump to hold them up (and he was right) so I had to find an alternative until I start the inevitable diet and can get back into my normal jeans.

I found some elasticated-waist jeans in Wallis which have saved me. I really recommend them if you want to move on from maternity jeans. Ok, they're boot cut, so the Style & Beauty topic ladies will hate them, but I don't care!

gilmoregirl Mon 24-Oct-11 00:10:49

I loved those big waist band jeans too! SOOOOOOOOOOOO comfy. agree v handy when breast feeding as I hated exposing my bare flabby belly.

despite the fact that my DS is now six I have never quite lost the flabby tum sad so am totally with you.

As I really cannot justify wearing maternity clothes seven year on I managed to find some jeans type trousers that are comfy but not maternity. They are Dorothy Perkins "jeggings" (yes I know I won't be able to show my face on the S and B page after this revelation). I think they were £22 (though due to student discount I think I paid around £15 per pair) and they are fab - most comfy and not completely hideous. I got the black and dark "denim" ones and I just love them. You def need a long top and they have those fake pockets blush but I am happy to make some sacrifices for comfort

ChrissasMissis Mon 24-Oct-11 06:48:30

Oh, I'm SO glad it's not just me! My first pair of maternity jeans were a revelation and while I wait for my post-baby weight/tummy to return to normal (<<rolls around on floor laughing>>), I bought some of those ones that just have a proper waist and a little elastic above the pocket. I looooooooove them! No muffin top!

Icelollycraving Mon 24-Oct-11 09:27:30

I almost cried when I put my favourite maternity top in wrong wash. Some maternity things need the proper bump whilst other ones just need a mummy tummy.
Yanbu smile

MrsBloodyTroll Mon 24-Oct-11 10:52:15

Icelollycraving your nn has just made me want an ice lolly...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now