Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to sell this scooter on again? (dds Xmas pressie)

(25 Posts)
Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 10:59:16

hi all dd wants a particular brand of scooter for Xmas, she either wanted a pink one or a 'cool' colour not boring White/black.
Anyway pink scooter was £160 so we said no way. I looked on eBay and found a limited edition scooter in a fab colour, buyer wouldn't accept buy it now price so it went to auction, however buyer told me she had another one exacty same and I could have that for £100 buy it now. Said deal was done.

However I kept an eye on te scooter she had up for auction and it sold yesterday for £1200!!!
AIBU to sell the scooter on eBay as soon as I receive it? Then I can get dd pink scooter that we originally discounted and still have a nice wedge leftover.
Or is it mean to sell dds pressie on again?

colken Sun 23-Oct-11 11:00:44

If you haven't given it to her yet, it's still yours so you can do what you like with it. What does your OH think?

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:01:18

Sell it! But put a reserve price on it so you dont lose out.

troisgarcons Sun 23-Oct-11 11:03:06

However I kept an eye on te scooter she had up for auction and it sold yesterday for £1200!!!
AIBU to sell the scooter on eBay as soon as I receive it? Then I can get dd pink scooter that we originally discounted and still have a nice wedge leftover.

Except I check sellers histories, I would see you were making a nice profit and not buy it. I would look at your originall seller and buy one from there. Others arent as canny

Use two ebay Ids grin one buying one selling

Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 11:05:40

Thanks guys. OH thinks sell it but some friends think not to.
Ah good idea thank you I'll use hubby's account to sell it!

GypsyMoth Sun 23-Oct-11 11:06:54

Sounds too good to be true

Do you actually have the £100 scooter yet? Cos the seller might want to auction that one as well..... I would!

Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 11:08:28

ILOVE she posted my scooter 2 days ago. I then got message from her saying how gobsmacked she was at price that the auctioned one had reached!

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:10:23

I woud be very suspicious of that auction, that two identical items sell at such differing prices.

One sells for £100, and one sells for £1200... .hmmmmmm.... it is half term, and it wouldnt surprise me if there are people bidding who shouldnt be.

GypsyMoth Sun 23-Oct-11 11:12:40

Ah so you physically have it. Almost anyway

Well, nothing wrong with selling it in. Maybe you won't like it?

D0G Sun 23-Oct-11 11:19:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

troisgarcons Sun 23-Oct-11 11:21:50

I wonder if it really went for 1200 - and there wasnt a typo (remembers bidding 5000 for something i meant to bid 50 on!)

Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 11:25:10

Thanks guys think I will.
Troi I looked at bidding history and different people were bidding £1000, £1100. I know they are very sought after but only thought they be worth couple hundred

troisgarcons Sun 23-Oct-11 11:27:15

Hmmmm same two bidders though

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:27:18

That would take the other bidder to also be a bit clumsy too.... sounds more like a couple of kids bidding against each other to me, and I would be suprised if the seller ever receives the money, unless the bidder has access to their parents paypal account too... in which case I see a Daily Mail story coming up soon... grin

troisgarcons Sun 23-Oct-11 11:28:31

keep an eye on the sellers account - becasue I bet she re-sells that scooter -there are several identical ones on for 55 odd quid - so see what she does before you sell yours on

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:29:23

Seller will have also got a nice hefty ebay fee too.

dazeykat Sun 23-Oct-11 11:31:21

I would be suspicious of the £1200 sale. I once sold a mobile phone on ebay and a ridiculously high bid was put on it, 10 x true value. It wasn't a real bid and I had to auction again. Has the buyer got an ebay history? I don't know if was an attempted scam, or just sabotage.

troisgarcons Sun 23-Oct-11 11:31:57

Hmmm that seller hasnt sold since July either - and only seems to acquire new stuff in bulk. Is she registered as a business seller?

Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 11:33:39

Thanks for all your advice.i intended to keep an eye out to see if she resells it so will watch fo the next week first. Both Bidders had good ratings as I checked that as well.

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:34:36

it is more difficult to check out bidders on other auctions now due to the ID's being hidden, but if it looks too good to be true, it usually is..

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:37:38

looking at those bid increments, definately something odd going on.

Why on earth would it jump from £100, to £500 to £1000... definately fish.

troisgarcons Sun 23-Oct-11 11:37:46

The bidding was in round amounts too. No one bids like that, well not serious ebayers

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:37:49

or fishy even! smile

Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 11:38:36

Not sure troi if she is registered a business seller can I tell?? She mentioned in a message that she has a shop

Chundle Sun 23-Oct-11 11:45:33

I did think she prob budded at 1000 to get the bids up then the other 2 bids came along. Well I shall wait and see if she resells it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now