Talk

Advanced search

To check if i still have the receipt for my Ds?

(88 Posts)
GalaxyWeaver Sun 23-Oct-11 09:37:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GypsyMoth Sun 23-Oct-11 09:39:19

My ds once saw his birth certificate and asked me if that was the receipt I was given when I 'got' him!!grin

slartybartfast Sun 23-Oct-11 09:40:56

perhaps you could Change him

grin

ben5 Sun 23-Oct-11 09:41:21

If you find the reciept for mine can you send it to me! Volume isn't to bad but they don't get on well. The ears don't work either and one of them wants to use the computer while I'm on mumsnet which I'm most upset about!

justinhawkinsnavalfluff Sun 23-Oct-11 09:43:07

Even if you found the receipt pretty sure you wouldn't want to try and send it back where it came from :-)

GuillotinedMaryLacey Sun 23-Oct-11 09:43:35

I told DD (3) that I was taking her back to the Little Girl shop and changing her for a well behaved one and she burst into tears telling me she didn't want to because she wouldn't have a mummy and daddy.

I had lots of apologies and explaining to do. Totally misjudged that one blush

GalaxyWeaver Sun 23-Oct-11 09:46:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IgnoringTheChildren Sun 23-Oct-11 09:46:52

I don't know where you got your DS from Galaxy but my "store" has a very strict no returns policy! shock

PessimisticMissPiggy Sun 23-Oct-11 09:50:31

Guillotined little girl shop? My DM told me that I was from M&S which was always a worry when we stood in the customer service queue as a child. My brother was from Woolies and my sister from C&A.

electra Sun 23-Oct-11 09:50:46

The volume is stuck on my dd too! Completely empathise. She shouts all the time, especially in town when I am trying to do shopping. My older girls sat quietly in the push chair as good as gold. This one shouts 'STOP IT!!!!!' for no reason at all which draws uncomfortable stares from strangers all around (cringe).

wicketkeeper Sun 23-Oct-11 10:04:25

I think I can see the problem. Did you take out the extended warranty? No? That would cover you for parts and labour. You've carried out the labour yourself, haven't you? I'm afraid that invalidates the guarantee. Should have read the small print.

Pascha Sun 23-Oct-11 10:22:59

I asked for the basic version of mine but I seem to have the TrailsOfSnot™ upgrade. hmm

CoffeeDog Sun 23-Oct-11 10:53:54

i have posted the twins on freecycle after a particually bad day....not one taker..... although i had 27 yes 27 replies from people telling me it will only get worse when they get older ;)

blackeyedsusan Sun 23-Oct-11 11:32:13

ahhh seems to be a common fault. my ds has got a very annoying screaming setting, which i am ignoring in the hope it goes away. when tvs/children used to go wrong when I was small they used to get a good whack. it seems that it is not recommended anymore in the newer models. it would seem that they share the same commponents. perhaps that explains the endless repetition.

beALZebub86 Sun 23-Oct-11 11:55:23

Check the Birth Certificate, your receipt should be stapled to it. If not you'll have to ask for an exchange, but you never know what they'll exchange him with...

BerryLellow Sun 23-Oct-11 11:57:55

You could just accept store credit?

GypsyMoth Sun 23-Oct-11 11:59:43

Quote sales of goods act... Not fit for the purpose it was sold for

BOOareHaunting Sun 23-Oct-11 12:03:49

PMSL @ this thread grin

I'd try trading standards if the model doesn't fit the discription given.

SaffronCake Sun 23-Oct-11 12:05:42

I love this thread. grin

Freecycle it if you get desperate?

As an alternative, have you tried looking for the instruction book? You might be able to find where the batteries come out, which should at least give you some respite!

Mind you, I searched for that for years and never bloddy found it.

Dh has just suggested that you ring Technical Support, and as them how to do a hard re-boot! grin

*asK them

HerScaryness Sun 23-Oct-11 12:55:24

Has anyone successfully found the battery compartment yet?

DS is 6 and I still can't find how to take the batteries out

BOOareHaunting Sun 23-Oct-11 13:11:46

Do you have a remote control? Mute button?

CardyMow Sun 23-Oct-11 13:29:17

I am beginning to regret the decision to go for cinema-style surround sound - it s impossible to turn all four speakers off at once. Ear plugs do not work once they are out of the 5 year-guarantee period - they are then able to remove the ear plugs. I find duck tape has a better outcome in fixing volume control problems - affix the duck tape to the orifice the sound emits from.

HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now