Talk

Advanced search

To think DH is being a bit extreme

(89 Posts)
Minus273 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:12:15

to say that this makes me the worst and most dangerous driver and to suggest I give up my licence.

We had a day out today which involved me driving round a large multiple lane roundabout. The direction signs were vague and lane markings very worn. I made a mistake (and freely admit that) and got in the wrong lane. To. correct my mistake meant a minor change of route.

I know I made an error of navigation but I didn't hit anyone, cause anyone to take evasive action break any traffic laws or hold up a third party.

I told DH he was overreacting so now he is not talking to me and is refusing to go out for his birthday dinner and DD is crying because she wanted to treat him and is not happy at the idea of my change of plan dinner.

Alambil Sat 22-Oct-11 17:13:59

well he's an idiot; did you cut anyone up on your detour? No? good. Well done.

We have one of those six roundabouts circling a central roundabout where I live; you should see the mistakes! Yours sounds minor. Really minor.

He needs to grow up. A lot.

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Sat 22-Oct-11 17:15:43

hes being a twunt.you made an error,you corrected it,you didnt cause anyone else to swerve,brake suddenly.

is he a perfect driver?
take dd out for dhs birthday treat,he can sulk at home.

colken Sat 22-Oct-11 17:16:54

Doesn't he ever make a mistake in anything?

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 22-Oct-11 17:17:31

I'm guessing that this is not an isolated incident? He sulks at the drop of a hat to get his own way/make others feel bad/exert control?

Kayano Sat 22-Oct-11 17:17:34

He is over reacting.

I totally side swiped another car the thee day blush totally didn't see him but totally my fault.

DH knows not mention it ever again. First accident in 9 years so it was an honest
Mistake.

Your DH needs to get a grip

squeakyfreakytoy Sat 22-Oct-11 17:19:36

Every driver has to change lanes at some point and every driver has to do little detours due to a mistake now and again... so long as you didnt drive dangerously.... he is being a twat.

Minus273 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:19:48

Didn't cut up anyone took the detour as taking the road originally planned would have involved cutting someone up.. I thought the detour was a quickly thought of sensible solution. It was an instant ah, need togo this way instead then when I drove round and realised. Its one of those roundabouts with stuff in the middle so ypu can't see right across.

troisgarcons Sat 22-Oct-11 17:20:39

have you omitted all the swearing , yelling and horn beeping that went on in the car?

Minus273 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:21:19

He can't drive, doesn't have a licence.

Minus273 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:21:52

He was the only one swearing.

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Oct-11 17:22:32

Bleargh, he sounds like what my dad was like when my mum was driving, totally OTT in undermining her confidence.

HIBU to punish you through your DD.

I bet he's sat with his arms folded/legs crossed blankly staring at the telly.

I loathe sulking, and dislike the sulkers attempt at manipulating those around them into doing as they're told.

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Sat 22-Oct-11 17:23:46

so hes a backseat driver?

loserface Sat 22-Oct-11 17:24:32

Your DH is acting like a loser! So you made a mistake, it happens and no one got hurt. There is no reason for him to feel upset over it. Does he know DD is crying over him acting like this? Very selfish

borderslass Sat 22-Oct-11 17:24:53

DH and I can't be in car together for more than an hour we drive each other nuts, HIBVU though it happens to the best drivers.

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Oct-11 17:24:53

I don't drive either, and the thought of me telling DH how to drive when we're out would be ridiculous!

The cheeky git, you should refuse to get in the car with him until he learns how to treat you with a bit of respect.

CustardCake Sat 22-Oct-11 17:27:46

That's ridiculous - if he cannot even drive how on earth can he comment?!

And even if he were the world's best driver, I bet he makes harmless mistakes all the time. He sounds very manipulative (either that or he's pissed off about something else and using this as the excuse to be huffy and not go the dinner)

greengoose Sat 22-Oct-11 17:27:52

Id tell him ok, you'll not drive with him in the car again, and toss him his jacket and the keys to get going. Once out, smile sweetly, give him a kiss and order a really nice bottle of wine for his birthday, which he'll only be able to drink one glass of because he's driving. you might want a cocktail or two as well. Repeat this for a few nights out and he'll see the error of his ways.....

WardrobeYeti Sat 22-Oct-11 17:29:06

He sounds like a child. "The worst driver"?! Is this unusual behaviour for him or does he typically throw strops and then sulk when someone contradicts his (very wrong) opinion?

fluffythevampirestabber Sat 22-Oct-11 17:29:53

I would not be driving him anywhere.

If he doesn't drive then he has no right to comment.

Oh and he totally over reacted and behaved like an arse.

YANBU btw

LadyEvilEyes Sat 22-Oct-11 17:29:54

So you're not going out for a birthday dinner, disappointing your dd. because he's still sulking.
Leave him alone and you and dd go out and have some fun.
I hate sulky men.

Andrewofgg Sat 22-Oct-11 17:30:11

Shortly after she passed her test my mother missed her exit on a roundabout and reversed - fortunately there was no other traffic around but that's bad driving.

We teased here about it for the rest of her life!

PerAr6ua Sat 22-Oct-11 17:30:27

he's being a twat. When you say he doesn't have a license, is that because he's lot it or neverr had one?

Minus273 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:31:55

He's never had a licence.

Flisspaps Sat 22-Oct-11 17:33:00

He doesn't drive but he thinks he's qualified to tell you what is and isn't acceptable when driving? And then thinks that it's appropriate to go into a sulk when you called him up on it? He sounds like a bit of an idiot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now