Talk

Advanced search

Conspiracies have eaten my brain

(29 Posts)
Rollon2012 Sat 22-Oct-11 16:47:52

im not a ususal conspiracy nut but I was watchin richplanet show the other day and mentioned Mk ultra in relation to pop music and celebrities , I found it so fascinating all this week i've been googling documentaries about it

if you don't know what it is be warned its not comfortable reading.

then...derren brown mentioned it last night in the show arrgghh this obession needs to let me go lol

how do you get these things out of your system.

ohgoditssunday Sat 22-Oct-11 16:52:11

I was watchin richplanet show the other day and mentioned Mk ultra in relation to pop music and celebrities , I found it so fascinating all this week i've been googling documentaries about it

Can you expand a bit?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about!

OldMumsy Sat 22-Oct-11 17:01:10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA

ohgoditssunday Sat 22-Oct-11 17:02:50

ooh, that looks interesting. i'm off to have a read myself then! i thought it was something to do with clothes! "MK Ultra" - sounds like a clothing line. blush like under the radar endorsements by celebs or something.

GypsyMoth Sat 22-Oct-11 17:03:37

I thought you meant Milton Keynes at first! I live there, well just outside, and it's commonly known as just MK!

Majestic12 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:05:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coastgirl Sat 22-Oct-11 17:08:14

I love reading about this stuff! I don't believe it...but when you're reading it it all seems pretty convincing. Then you think about it and realise how nuts it all is! Or is it...

Majestic12 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:13:21

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Oct-11 17:16:53

I know wiki isn't the be all/end all of a subject, but the way it's written is saying it's a fact that this project took place.

I suppose you can't really sidestep the 20000 supporting documents, which they say were misfiled, but I automatically thought it was probably someone knowing that bloke was going to get rid of the evidence, so they squirreled the files away for proof (probably a conspiracy too far? grin).

I'm a bit uncomfortable at Majestic12 turning up though.

Suspicious?

Just a bit grin

Majestic12 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:21:47

Rollon2012 Sat 22-Oct-11 18:47:44

god I find stuff like that fascinating
#

catsareevil Sat 22-Oct-11 18:52:08

I had a quick look at the wikipedia page. What is the link the celebrities and pop music?

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Oct-11 19:38:20

I've heard about psi and wish it was true Maj grin

I bet they spent every cent of their budget - just to make sure they researched the subject thoroughly of course wink

Good luck in your career aspirations.

Do you get a certificate for becoming maj 1?

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Oct-11 19:39:24

Which link do you mean catsarentevilatallactually?

catsareevil Sat 22-Oct-11 20:01:37

Sorry, I meant link as in what was the connection between the MKULTRA thing and pop music/celebs. The wikipedia page doesnt discuss that.

noblegiraffe Sat 22-Oct-11 20:26:24

You need to read Jon Ronson's The Men Who Stare At Goats.

coastgirl Sat 22-Oct-11 21:27:08

They reckon some popstars (Britney Spears is one) are being mind controlled by the Illuminati. There's a load of devil worship stuff thrown in - look up Rihanna/Beyonce and devil worship and you will find some crazy, crazy sites. I'm not a nut, I promise, I just love reading conspiracy stuff!

southeastastra Sat 22-Oct-11 21:30:26

is the jon ronson the mn jon ronson??

i think i dissed him once on here grin

there is a fortean times convention soon where he's speaking

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Oct-11 22:35:43

Oh I love him from the fortean times program that used to be on! Reverend Fanshaw?

He's a bit like Dr Brown Bear from Peppa Pig, reassuring and authoritative, but a little bit creepy grin

Britney Spears controlled by the Illuminati??

Hahahahaha. Brilliant grin

LeBOOOf Sat 22-Oct-11 22:40:22

Oh jeez, wait until the baphomet lot find this...Rhianna and Beyoncé are tools of the lizardy Jay Z, apparently hmm

Whatmeworry Sat 22-Oct-11 22:44:17

This article from the WSJ on a "conspiracy theory" theory I always felt was pretty good summary...

After the whole Wikileaks thing, it is easier to believe many are true!

SucksToBeMe Sat 22-Oct-11 22:49:32

I read it and STILL don't understand it.

blush

Rollon2012 Sun 23-Oct-11 10:12:09

I love all this stuff

theres deleiberate symbols in rihannas video i.e in s&m on a journalists notepad it says 'illuminati princess' it says it behind her at one pint and another notepad it sayd 'her 5 headed issues' implying mk ultra I wonder how much is made for us nuts to froth over lol

TethHearseEnd Sun 23-Oct-11 10:20:16

That's what they want you to think.

AgentZigzag Sun 23-Oct-11 14:30:14

I had a bit of a flick about on Wiki last night, and found this page - unethical human experimentation in the United States.

Warning - the page contains info on distressing experiments conducted on adults and children.

I wouldn't like to think I was a naive person, or one that's particularly shocked by the reality of the world, but I sat reading the page with a shock expression.

A government who portrays itself as the height of democracy in a supposedly free world, who didn't make the decision that conducting disgusting experiments on adults and children without their consent is wrong, is really disturbing.

If they're capable of this kind of decision making, and that the torture they use now is only 'enhanced interrogation techniques' I would believe anything of them.

I also looked at how the UK viewed torture at the moment, and apparently we think it's definately not on, but will use the information gathered by others using torture techniques. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now