Advanced search

OK DS1 social life

(5 Posts)
MsTownmouse Sat 22-Oct-11 01:47:25

AIBU to not like friends saying " if your DS does not go to this or that party" he will "miss out " and not meet people he should meet. He is a teenager - I think he should be able to meet his own friends . However I do have people telling me is not mixing in the right social set. AIBU by not giving a flying damn? He is old enough surely to make his own friends. OK I have probably made my own decision prely by posting this but when did it become important to make sure your child mixed with the "right " people ?

It is too hard - I can't be bothered and BTW I think nor can he.

Soups Sat 22-Oct-11 01:53:09

He's a teenager, should he be mixing with the social set that friends of his parents deem right? No, no, no, no, no.

MsTownmouse Sat 22-Oct-11 02:11:27

Thanks Soups - I think that parents choosing their child's "friends " because they are the people they would like is a bit wierd. But then some would say I just lack ambition ........ winky thing

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Sat 22-Oct-11 02:14:15

Because parents trying to control their teenage children's lives always ends well, doesn't it? hmm

Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing to me!

MsTownmouse Sat 22-Oct-11 02:40:22

TOWFH - tee hee - exactly .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now