Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to say here that...

(6 Posts)
golemmings Fri 21-Oct-11 22:35:10

the neo natal team and the midwives (community, MLU, Consultant ward and post-natal ward) at Shrewsbury Hospital are a fabulous bunch of people?

Having spent a few days in RSH with DS who needed monitoring in the neo-natal unit, I was very, very impressed with the care and concern with which we were both treated.

When DS was admitted late in the evening, his consultant came in to see me twice overnight; once to tell me their concerns and diagnosis and what they were going to do and again an hour or so later - at about 01:30 to tell me the initial test results.

The midwives were awesome and when I was on the post-natal ward, I had more visits from midwives who had been involved in our care over the previous weeks than from friends. It seemed as though every time they were on site, they came in just to check we were still doing OK, find out how the Boy was and to see if we had been reunited. I was very touched.

worraliberty Fri 21-Oct-11 22:42:37

That's fantastic

I hope you've remembered to email them/send a card to let them know also?

Hope you're both doing well smile

Bohica Fri 21-Oct-11 22:42:53

Great to hear! How is your ds doing now?

poppygolucky Fri 21-Oct-11 22:46:11

What a lovely post. Hope your DS is doing well smile

golemmings Fri 21-Oct-11 22:52:32

DS appears to be doing fine. The consultant doesn't want to see him for 3 months - which means we have 3 months of knowing nothing but if they were concerned the appointment would be rather sooner so its looking pretty good!

And yes - posh biccies and lots of cards duly delivered. Even nicer was that the mw I spoke to when I took them in, who I didn't know, looked utterly stunned to receive anything.

We were in long enough that I actually miss some of the midwives and short of having another child I have absolutely no reason to ever see them again. I'm hoping to bump into them in sainsburies just so i can wave DS at them and show them how fab he looks now!

giyadas Fri 21-Oct-11 23:07:25

That's so lovely.
Hope your ds carries on doing well. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now