Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off that DH has just had a takeaway delivered for himself, just as I did not cook dinner tonight?

(58 Posts)
jigglebum Fri 21-Oct-11 20:28:37

DH feels cooking is part of "my job" as I have been a SAHM for most of the last 3 years. However, I now work 2.5 days a week, am nearly 8 months pregnant, have a 3 year old and still do the majority of care of DS and all the housework, washing and cooking. He goes to work, does DIY and baths DS when he can be bothered to get in in time.

This week I really have not felt like cooking in the evenings (have lost my appetite really) but still have done most nights. This evening I am knackered so thought I would wait and see whether DH would step up to the mark (he does sometimes!) I am upstairs , he is downstairs and I hear him order take out - for himself only!!!!! I would not care but he always is negative about take outs when I suggest them on a friday as he does not like to waste money. I also did the weekly shop yesterday so there is plenty of food choice. My DH is a selfish pratt I think most people would agree!

Im off to get some toast for dinner.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Fri 21-Oct-11 20:29:57

Whaaaaaat? He didn't ask you if you wanted anything?
He doesn't sound like much of a catch tbh.

WoodBetweenTheWorlds Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:05

He is being an arse.

TheBestWitch Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:38

It sounds as though it is your DH's job to be a cunt.

trixymalixy Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:45

WTF!! What a tosser!!

YANBU

Pagwatch Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:57

Oh that is bad. He didn't even ask you?

Methe Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:58

You just said you lost your appetite, maybe he thought you wouldn't want anything?

If you just couldn't be arsed to cook ( we all have days like that ) you ought to have yelled down the stairs "i'll have a chow mein" or whatever"

mamas12 Fri 21-Oct-11 20:32:01

omfg Tell him what an unutterably selfish piece of work he is and either he steps up or you are seriously thinking of what the hell is wrong with your marriage.
Oh and also, eat the takeaway, you need it more than he does.

Emsmaman Fri 21-Oct-11 20:32:07

I think you should eat his takeaway and he can have cold toast. He's lucky to be getting that.

Sleepglorioussleep Fri 21-Oct-11 20:32:24

Seriously? Good grief. Yanbu.

Kayano Fri 21-Oct-11 20:32:45

I would have killed him
8 months pregnant, working, a
Toddler and you do the housework?

He should be bloody well ashamed of himself

VeronicaSpeedwell Fri 21-Oct-11 20:33:05

shock

camtt Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:08

Has it arrived yet? If not, why not get to the door first and divide it onto two plates thanking him for noticing how tired you are, what with the out of home work, the childcare, the housework and being 8 months pregnant

ENormaSnob Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:15

He is a wazzock.

To put it mildly.

KittyFane Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:23

Selfish PIG. I've got nothing else to say.
sad

Northernlurker Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:33

He hasn't ordered takeaway for his pregnant, working, mothering wife? He's some piece of work. I would be chucking things at my dh by now - you sound very calm. Is he often this much of a git?

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:38

Sorry, but that's fucking appalling.

What kind of good points can he possibly have which make up for that?

He'd better shit gold nuggets, that's all I'm saying.

Mutt Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shinyshoes1 Fri 21-Oct-11 20:35:21

Go downstairs, pick up the phone and add what u want to the order then give him a severe bollocking. The fucking nerve of it

Have u actually said anything to him. Is he completely unaware and in his own little world or is he just being a cock

KittyFane Fri 21-Oct-11 20:35:29

Although I love camtt's suggestion!!!

Maryz Fri 21-Oct-11 20:36:06

That is actually illegal. To order for himself and not ask you.

I think you should kick him out.

Alternatively, when the delivery arrives, get out two plates and just assume you are sharing it. If he looks surprised or says anything say "it never occurred to me that you wouldn't order for both of us" and keep eating.

JamieComeHome Fri 21-Oct-11 20:36:14

I think he's making "a point"

twot

TartyMcFarty Fri 21-Oct-11 20:36:28

Are you sure he doesn't intend for you to share it? I think I would sweep downstairs when it arrives, say 'Great! Thanks for being so thoughtful!' then snaffle the lot.

Maryz Fri 21-Oct-11 20:36:42

cross-posted with camtt blush. Slow typing, sorry.

Shinyshoes1 Fri 21-Oct-11 20:36:52

OR like another poster said when it arrives be out in the kitchen with 2 plates and be ready to serve the meal BETWEEN you.

Watch his face grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now