Talk

Advanced search

AIBU for finding this advert just THAT annoying?!

(32 Posts)
SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:25:42

Longtime lurker, rare poster.

You know the one I'm on about.

The idiot woman singing about how "Buses are the future", letting the red carpet out for smiley people who look so happy they could cure cancer prance up and down the bus with terrible jazzhands.

I seriously have to mute the television or leave the room. I have no idea why, but I just want to headbutt her! And I'm not normally a violent person!

Anyone else suffering with SAAMI*!?

*Serious Advert Anger Management Issues

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 20:27:41

I have never seen such a thing.

Do you have a link?

colken Fri 21-Oct-11 20:28:47

I've never seen it either. Perhaps it's a regional thing.

SevenOfNine - are you my mother? She hates that advert too.

I don't know that advert (thank god, by the sounds of it!) but I too struggle with SAAMI.
The Halifax will NEVER get my business.
Am totally digging the new Muller Light ads though!

SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:30:38

this

It's just so fricking annoying!

Marne Fri 21-Oct-11 20:32:40

Dh said the same thing tonight, well he said 'its the most anoying add ever' grin.

budgieshell Fri 21-Oct-11 20:35:48

I don't know which ad you mean but I agree with JenniferYHRL the muller ad is pure entertainment.

I loathe all online bingo ads, I'm almost tempted to go online to see if they are as bad as the ad's.

OMG. I only needed to hear the first two bars. That would make me hurl things at the TV.

SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:37:42

Budgieshell - there's a link to it just above your post if you want to have your ears bleed.

And I've had the goddamn bingo ad from Jeremy Kyle in my head all week!
"Bingo, Bingo I'm in love!"

betabaker Fri 21-Oct-11 20:39:02

What is it advertising?
If it's not on youtube, you need to get it on there so everyone can be annoyed by it.
DH won't watch any live commercial tv, only on itv/C4/player thingys, that way no ads (although they are starting to creep in).

SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:40:48

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIv3Z64HCI

SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:41:21

It's advertising First Buses, a bus company in the UK.

Jeremy Kyle has done an advert? SevenofNine, I'd stop watching whatever channel it is you're watching, it's clearly not good for your mental health smile

betabaker Fri 21-Oct-11 20:41:55

'x-post' - didn't post when I'd written.
thanks youtube hmm .
what is it with the notes coming out of her mouth - so that you know she's singing?!

Shakey1500 Fri 21-Oct-11 20:45:04

It is annoying. But so pointless also! A bus is a bus is a bus fgs. I don't care if it's First National or whoever. If it's going my way, I'm on it.

SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:45:07

JenniferYellow - it's the sponsorship advert. And it's UNBEARABLY catchy!

sqweegiebeckenheim Fri 21-Oct-11 20:47:16

Oh god that's hideous.

love the name SevenofNine!!!

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 20:48:24

Thank the sweet lord I live in London and I never have to sully my eyes and ears with that again.

That advert makes me want to drive to the corner shop. On the pavement. In a hummer.

SevenOfNine Fri 21-Oct-11 20:51:17

Thanks sqweegie XD

And thank GOD it isn't just me. I want to hunt her down, gaffatape her to a chair and then force her to listen to that damned advert until she is so insane she chews her own hands off to escape.

Well... maybe not that much. But I still can't stand the woman!

Oh, sponsorship adverts. They're the worst. As if we don't have to endure enough advertising already, they have to sully my favourite programmes with crappy products that have no relation to my life or likes. Grrr.

fragglerocks Fri 21-Oct-11 21:32:02

Oh my god, that's awful. Thankfully I never have to hear that again, living in London all bus journeys are awful, theres no point trying to make out any journey could be great!

ARghhhhhhhhhh................... JUST .................. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HeidiKat Fri 21-Oct-11 22:05:32

Dear God that is cheesetastic, I thought the child in the KFC advert was irritating but we have a new winner.

betabaker Fri 21-Oct-11 22:23:55

what about the Haribo one? where none of them can sing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now