Talk

Advanced search

To feel annoyed at --D--H barking Oi Oi Oi Oi!! to me (like a dog) in a loud aggressive tone...

(20 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Fri 21-Oct-11 20:01:01

...when I switched off the TV (which he was not watching)? He has a maddening (to me) habit of leaving it on when there's clearly nothing of interest to him.

pinkyredrose Fri 21-Oct-11 20:02:04

He's a loon. Leave him.

MrsSeanBean Fri 21-Oct-11 20:03:11

Yup that's how I'm feeling atm!

DogsBeastFiend Fri 21-Oct-11 20:06:29

Adopt a Rottweiler and train him to bite DHs arse bark back. grin

Join the club of peed off householders who have to endure the television on when it's not being watched <<glares at DD2>>.

ScaredBear Fri 21-Oct-11 20:10:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

worraliberty Fri 21-Oct-11 20:11:42

Roll up a newspaper and tap him across the nose.

MrsSeanBean Fri 21-Oct-11 20:15:22

He's naturally a condescending prick. He gesticulated rudely / mouthed off at me through the window the other day as well because I parked on the road, not the drive.

We live on a busy road and it's a nightmare waiting for a break in the traffic, and as I was going out again shortly afterwards it seemed lunacy to waste the effort parking.

Prick prick prick (and a small one at that).

AgentZigzag Fri 21-Oct-11 20:23:35

I would say the same to my DH if he dared to turn the telly off, but it would be with a twinkle in my eye.

I wouldn't be happy if he talked to me like I was shit on his shoe, and I wouldn't do it to him.

He sounds pretty angry, and I hate it when someone makes you feel hassled doing something, that's the time you get flustered and fuck it up, which they think is backing up why they're right to be impatient with you.

Arf at his small prick grin

KittyFane Fri 21-Oct-11 20:29:08

My DH has tried this once or twice.
My response has been cold stare, narrowed eyes and 'you are not talking to me like that'.
Walk away, no eye contact.
'Excuse me?' also works.

Twattish behaviour.

KittyFane Fri 21-Oct-11 20:32:08

then walk away, no eye contact.
Can't give a cold stare with no eye contact!

Pandemoniaa Fri 21-Oct-11 20:50:07

DP would almost certainly rather eat his own eyeballs (on toast) than he would test my tolerance with any "Oi-ing". But then actually, I wouldn't treat him like that either. I detest these men who can't summon up any basic respect of courtesy to their partners and I'm sorry, OP that you have to cope with such an arse.

Pandemoniaa Fri 21-Oct-11 20:50:35

sorry that should read "respect or courtesy".

EllaDee Fri 21-Oct-11 20:54:00

YANBU, unless he is in fact Sean Bean? In which case, just send him my way, I'll teach him his lesson ...

picnicbasketcase Fri 21-Oct-11 20:58:37

Summon your coldest stare and then in an equally chilly voice, 'Who on earth are you talking to? It couldn't possibly have been me, as I am not a piece of dirt on the floor. Kindly do not address me as if I were.' Make him feel the size of an ant and then don't speak again until he apologises for being so fecking rude to you.

KurriKurri Fri 21-Oct-11 20:59:06

You need one of those very high pitched whistles that only pricks can hear.

giyadas Fri 21-Oct-11 21:06:01

Keep a spray bottle of water and squirt him when he does it.
<worked on the Big Band Theory>

giyadas Fri 21-Oct-11 21:06:35

Big Bang Theory

MsVestibule Fri 21-Oct-11 21:11:53

My DH once tried to attract my attention by going "Pssssst". Just the once, though <scary DW emoticon>. After that little episode, it's now "Oh, darling".

Lucyinthepie Fri 21-Oct-11 22:30:43

Use one of those shock collars like Caesar Milan does. That will sort him. Especially if you don't put it on his neck, but a bit lower down. It will need to be a tiny collar...

JanHal Fri 21-Oct-11 23:32:28

A good stern talk to me like that again and I will dump you and your possions on the pavement might be my response to that attitude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now