Talk

Advanced search

to think what the fook is there problem.

(14 Posts)
altinkum Fri 21-Oct-11 19:33:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

molepom Fri 21-Oct-11 19:41:21

A receptionist? Seriously? With your spelling and grammar?

Seriously though (I'm the last person to be critising anyone posts so dont take offence), I would ignore the other cleaners. They are only jealous that you have been asked to trial for what they may see as a cushty job, even if it is only on a when needed basis.

I hope you get the job but if you don't, I reckon everything will blow over in a few weeks.

There could be any number of reasons why they aren't happy for you.

I'd guess that they might think it should have been one of them that was asked, especially if they have been there longer than you. Or they may be worried you are too friendly with the boss and will be reporting back to her about them.

But this is great news for you so try not to let them spoil it for you. Well done.

molepom Fri 21-Oct-11 19:43:18

People are nasty at the best of times, even worse now in this job climate, especially if they do not know about the job details and are only glossing over what looks like to be the best bits.

FearTricksPotter Fri 21-Oct-11 19:51:02

rhondajean Fri 21-Oct-11 19:55:50

Oh woo I am absolutely delighted to hear that, see, your no nonsense/matter of fact stance has obviously impressed her!!! What great news. The other cleaners problem is that you are "in" with the management - you will probably be regarded with great suspicion from now on though it will mellow in time hopefully, but hey, thats their problem not yours isnt it.

Yay yay yay yay yay yay I am really happy, thats quite made my day grin

ScaredBear Fri 21-Oct-11 19:57:17

DownbytheRiverside Fri 21-Oct-11 19:59:22

Are most of the other cleaners men, and have you been offered a job as receptionist because you weren't happy with the arrangements for cleaning the male toilets?
Does receptionist pay more than cleaning, and did anyone else want the job?
Or are they usually grumpy and wary?

worraliberty Fri 21-Oct-11 20:01:29

Goodness I do hope part of your job isn't typing blush

Just ignore them and good luck with the job.

EllaDee Fri 21-Oct-11 20:03:30

Don't worry about them - they're probably just a bit unsure how to talk to you, maybe a bit disappointed it wasn't them.

It could be not so much they are trying to snub you, as they are worried you will start looking down on them?

Anyway, congratulations on your new job. smile

altinkum Fri 21-Oct-11 20:08:14

molepom Fri 21-Oct-11 20:11:31

Altinkum, really, dont worry about it. Mine is just as bad. I've made about 9 since posting that. I've given up trying to get everything correct. Just as long as every can understand what I'm trying to say, I don't really give a crap anymore.

HerScaryness Fri 21-Oct-11 20:15:44

altinakum, go for it love! have a go at being a receptionist, beats cleaning poop!

bet that this means you are really pretty, as usually receptionists are hired for looking good too!

take it as a compliment, and if your 'friends' aren't pleased for you, they are not your friends at all!

EllaDee Fri 21-Oct-11 20:18:21

I do love your attitude to spelling comments! grin

(Just realized I need to justify that or sadly on this forum you'll wonder if I'm another pisstaker ... I'm not, we've chatted about dyslexia before when I was using another name and I'm another one.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now