Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to love reading these forums even though...

(25 Posts)
berryripple Fri 21-Oct-11 15:38:08

I'm definitely not a mum, and probably won't be for a long time grin

Ended up joining smile

AMumInScotland Fri 21-Oct-11 15:40:27

You're not the first to get sucked into Hotel California Mumsnet grin

Proudnscary Fri 21-Oct-11 15:40:34

Clear off

Just kiddin'. Welcome, welcome one and all x

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 21-Oct-11 15:40:45

Yanbu, and welcome. smile

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Fri 21-Oct-11 15:41:27

Curious but what brings non mums to mumsnet? Or was it to put you off having children?

EllaDee Fri 21-Oct-11 15:42:27

There's loads of people on here who don't have children. I don't - I would love to but DH isn't keen! But plenty of people on here joined for other stuff and don't have any plans to ahve children.

worraliberty Fri 21-Oct-11 15:42:49

Are you Matthew Wright? grin

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Fri 21-Oct-11 15:42:50

I like non-mums being around. I hide all the parenting stuff anyway grin.

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Fri 21-Oct-11 15:43:03

I did wonder. DP joined up here once but got scared.

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Fri 21-Oct-11 15:43:50

I dont look at the parenting bits. It tells me I'm doing everything wrong despite the kids still being in one piece

cinnamonnut Fri 21-Oct-11 15:44:21

Had a change of heart on the username already grin
TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums - the conversation is funny/quite useful and it generally seems friendly smile

thefirstMrsDeVeerie Fri 21-Oct-11 15:45:36

I dont do a lot of parenting talk either.

GOd forbid you give advice on a parenting matter shock

Its a bloody minefield I tell you.

AIBU is the bestest, cant be arsed with most of the rest.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Fri 21-Oct-11 15:47:07

cinnamonnut, are you the OP then <confussed>?

purplewerepidj Fri 21-Oct-11 15:49:03

I'm another one grin

In my defence, I started out on the SN bit, because that's what I do for a living. I figured if some company is daft enough to pay several thousand pounds to keep my training up to date the least I can do is share! Plus, I get somewhere to find advice on being an Aunty to a little girl with autism instead of lecturing poor SIL on the latest research wink

cinnamonnut Fri 21-Oct-11 15:51:44

Yes I am the OP smile

Trills Fri 21-Oct-11 15:54:42

YANBU

Onemorning Fri 21-Oct-11 16:17:58

YANBU. No kids either smile

SnapesMistress Fri 21-Oct-11 16:54:19

No kids here, YANBU

chill1243 Fri 21-Oct-11 17:08:57

Matthew Wright? Please tell me about his style. I dont get chance to watch
him. But I met him years ago in a TV studio, when he was working for a tabloid.

Naoko Fri 21-Oct-11 18:26:32

I hope YANBU, because if you are then I am too - have no children and I very much doubt that'll change in the foreseeable future.

I come to MN for a degree of adult, female company. Due to my current living situation, I have very, very few female friends. I love my male friends dearly and I wouldn't miss them for the world, but many are very much still living the student lifestyle, whereas I'm starting to leave that behind, and I found that all I ever talked about was computer games, football, and pubs. All three of which are things I enjoy, but I realised I needed an occasional different perspective on life as well, and as I can't really get that IRL at the moment, I come to MN.

PeelThemWithTheirMetalKnives Fri 21-Oct-11 20:08:16

YANBU. I do have children but on the other hand I am ancient grin

wigglesrock Fri 21-Oct-11 20:12:38

I have 3 children and the Parenting bit is the place I post on the least (apart from a post natal thread), just don't enter the TV Addicts topic especially re Spooks, Downton Abbey or X Factor - you will never escape grin

ColdSancerre Fri 21-Oct-11 20:14:26

YANBU I don't have children either but mn makes me laugh so much.

fragglerocks Fri 21-Oct-11 20:27:24

I don't have children either. Came on here when Ex and I were trying for a baby then the bugger upped and left. I may not have a husband anymore but I'll always have mumsnet!! grin

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 21-Oct-11 21:11:57

No Children here either. Came here ages ago, just lurking and got sucked into the big mumsnet black hole. Plus 2 of my best friends have had children in the last 2 years so I kind of wanted to know what they were on about rather than being completely in the dark, nodding along like twit. I've even offered some half decent advice!

Oh and i'm desperate for a baby (so is DH) but that's a whole other thread!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now