Talk

Advanced search

To be hacked off that as a result of changing jobs I am now only entitled to half the amount in childcare vouchers?

(13 Posts)
Strix Fri 21-Oct-11 12:09:42

i don't think I am. angry

worraliberty Fri 21-Oct-11 12:11:19

Probably need a bit more info

DamselInDisarray Fri 21-Oct-11 12:14:03

I think this is going to happen to me too. I'm about to change jobs and they use a different voucher provider so I think I'm going to end up as a 'new' scheme member rather than an existing one. I'm waiting t hear from HR.

Strix Fri 21-Oct-11 12:15:35

Joined before 6 April, hence entitled to the max amount even as high rate tax payer. Was made redundant. Got new job. But as it is a new job I now count as new entrant to scheme and my entitlement is half. But my childcare costs haven't gone down.

So I've just learned that this happens to anyone who changes jobs.

Strix Fri 21-Oct-11 12:19:03

library/employee-qa.PDF

Strix Fri 21-Oct-11 12:20:31

Bastards. Fucking fucking bastards. angry

Strix Fri 21-Oct-11 12:22:59

I think cash in hand childcare is encouraged by unfair voucher entitlement policies like this. What could justify punishing people for changing jobs in this climate where many are made redundant.

I'm not considering paying cash in hand but I can certainly understand why one might - and many do.

worraliberty Fri 21-Oct-11 12:25:27

Oh I see well YANBU that's disgusting.

If I knew someone extremely well and trusted them, I'd have no problem paying them cash in hand to mind my kids.

It's happened since time began.

SardineQueen Fri 21-Oct-11 12:29:47

That's atrocious angry

OfflineFor30Years Fri 21-Oct-11 12:32:13

That's awful. I can't open your link, could you say what it is to so I can look it up please?

DamselInDisarray Fri 21-Oct-11 12:40:03

It's annoying that changing jobs puts you into the new category when staying put wouldn't. It's like loads on new government policy though; there are very obvious problems and unfairnesses but they're ignored because it's easier to do so.

As it is, I may be fine because the salary sacrifice on my pension contributions takes me below the HRT threshold. My new salary is only a tiny bit over the threshold.

DamselInDisarray Fri 21-Oct-11 12:41:38

Try this link instead.

OfflineFor30Years Fri 21-Oct-11 12:44:21

Thank you for the link Damsel. Wow, what a shite policy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now