Talk

Advanced search

to want to have just one conversation with DH without his phone ringing?

(10 Posts)
elfiro Fri 21-Oct-11 11:24:25

That's it really.

We are off on holiday tomorrow, which basically means he will work somewhere else for a week. Not the whole week, but enough to make it very annoying. He says he has to, or he will lose his job.

Yes he works hard, yes we enjoy the salary. But it's so bad for the family that when he comes home, he's still on the phone working, and I think it's ridiculous that he can't take proper holiday.

AIBU?

LeBOOOf Fri 21-Oct-11 11:26:54

Yes, I thi...

Do excuse me a second.

WipsGlitter Fri 21-Oct-11 11:29:42

What does he do? Do other managers at his level make themselves available on holiday? Can you suggest he limits it to a morning session and an afternoon session and the rest of the time the phone is in the safe?

CheeseandPickledOnion Fri 21-Oct-11 11:31:57

grin @ LeBOOOf

mrsravelstein Fri 21-Oct-11 11:32:20

i feel your pain. dh is off next week too, which means he will be on the phone to work in the lounge with the door shut.

mrsravelstein Fri 21-Oct-11 11:33:25

i do feel like nicking his phone and hiding it, but keep glumly reminding myself that in the current economic climate i probably ought to be pleased he HAS a well paid job that he enjoys.

elfiro Fri 21-Oct-11 11:39:02

Yes I am grateful he has a job of course. I am probably BU. I can put up with the long hours and the stress and the phone going when we are in normal routine but I think he should be able to forget it on holiday.

LeBOOOf you made me smile.

WipsGlitter he is a manager for a large well-known unethical company. I think all the staff at his level have the same issues.

MoaninMinny Fri 21-Oct-11 11:58:37

i feel more sympathy for poor husband than I do you OP

you enjoy the salary, you enjoy the lifestyle, you must make sacrifices. Otherwise get him to give up the job, get another job less full on and dont get hassled working at home. obviously you will have to give up your luxuries.

elfiro Fri 21-Oct-11 12:12:39

Well I have always said to him that I would rather we had less money and more of him, but he won't change his job, I know he won't.

mrsravelstein Fri 21-Oct-11 12:22:37

yup, my dh is the same, he loves the job so it's worth putting up with the downsides

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now