Talk

Advanced search

or should Jamie O stop now before he is seriously overexposed...

(19 Posts)
Herecomesthesciencebint Thu 20-Oct-11 23:07:59

in last 2 days I have seen countless ads for his new TVshow, book being promoted everywhere plus now Jme O chocolate bars and frozen fish range!! WTF!!

add this to the millions of restaurants, grill bars, cook books, pasta sauces, homeware stuff, jamie at home sales............its endless.

Enough now Jamie, it feels like one big cash in.

ScaredBear Thu 20-Oct-11 23:09:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kayano Thu 20-Oct-11 23:09:25

Oops too late!

Man annoys me no end

worraliberty Thu 20-Oct-11 23:09:32

Well of course it's a cash in.

He's a business man and a very good one.

Most 'celebs' are one big cash in but at least he's done some good.

Herecomesthesciencebint Thu 20-Oct-11 23:20:04

I dont mind the fact he is a business man, fair play he works hard. I dont dislike him, or didnt.

But it feels like a HUGE wave of products appearing, as if he cant get his name on enough stuff quick enough. I dont know any other celeb quite that quick to cash in, iits like a todal wave and I think he risks annoying previous fans.

Oh, I saw he also has a range of £1000 pizza ovens at the grand designs show!

betheldeath Fri 21-Oct-11 00:15:44

We don't have a bloody TV and I still feel like I'm looking his face every day.

I'm all for some of the messages that he's trying to put across. But OHMYGOD get your face out of my face!!!!!!!!!!!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 21-Oct-11 09:22:03

YABU... Christmas is coming up, biggest selling period of the year for food-related equipment, books etc., and 'Jamie Oliver' is a leading brand as well as an individual. If you or anyone else is switched off by the over exposure then it's counter productive, but his ad agency and PR company presumably think it's worthwhile.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Fri 21-Oct-11 09:28:23

As long as there are people silly enough to buy blank stationary printed with someone's name (Sarah Raven) or a whisk that a sleb chef with a blubbery fishface once glanced at (Jamie Oliver) - so those slebs will continue to cash in.

Stop encouraging them <hard stare at world> wink

brighthair Fri 21-Oct-11 09:35:11

But his jerk ham in te supermarket is lovely blushgrin
It's nice ham wink

Bucharest Fri 21-Oct-11 09:36:34

Quelle surprise.

Christmas is coming and Jamie Kerching Oliver has a new book TV series coming out.

And what's with the "before" he is over-exposed? grin

susiedaisy Fri 21-Oct-11 09:36:37

IMO he's been over exposed for years, its all a bit samey now!

LowLevelStabbing Fri 21-Oct-11 09:40:00

I think he's great, so there. grin

He has actually had a significant impact for the better on attitudes towards food in this country (long way still to go, but hey).

So I don't particularly care if he's also part of a massive marketing machine.

YABU

Whatmeworry Fri 21-Oct-11 09:43:50

Hay, sunshine smile

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 21-Oct-11 09:44:11

BTW.... expect, over the next few weeks, 'overexposure' from M&S, Boots, Argos, Coca Cola, Guinness, Baileys Irish Cream, Quality Street.......

Maryz Fri 21-Oct-11 09:46:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoreBeta Fri 21-Oct-11 09:48:15

Delia, Anthony Warrel Thompon, Anton Mosimann, Nigella, Gary Rhodes, Hugh FW, Gordon Ramsey - all good and very entertaining tv cooks but it happens to everyone in the end. Celebrity is a tricky thing to manage.

Only Keith Floyd managed to avoid it but living fast and dying young(ish).

<philosophical>

DrinkYourWeakLemonDrinkNow Fri 21-Oct-11 09:48:28

I went to a Jamie Oliver 'At home' party. So expensive for things that were ok but nothing out of the ordinaryhmm. I couldn't even buy something small to be polite.

susiedaisy Fri 21-Oct-11 11:02:41

drink I've heard that about the Jamie products, went to a pampered chef party once and nearly fainted at prices!!

fatlazymummy Fri 21-Oct-11 11:25:58

He's not over exposed to me. I don't watch his programmes, cook his recipes or buy any of his products.
In fact I make a point of not buying any celebrity endorsed products if I can possibly help it. They can all stick to their day jobs as far as I'm concerned, which in Jamie Oliver's case would be cooking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now