Talk

Advanced search

to expect DH to realise that just because somebody borrowed his favourite (insert noun of choice) once, it doesn't follow that they are the one who has lost it or that they will remember

(10 Posts)
Ormirian Thu 20-Oct-11 17:24:59

where they put it after they last used it (whenever that might happen to be)?

He has lost the nail clippers (but it could just as well be a pen, the TV remote control, the dog's lead). So his strategy for finding them is to stomp about muttering angrily and demanding who used them last. It might well be him that did so.

As if anyone will remember! i think he beleives if he stomps about enough everyone will jump to their feet with glad cries and join the search.

They won't.

Beaverfeaver Thu 20-Oct-11 17:30:24

Uhoh. I think I recently did this when I couldn't find a top I wanted to wear.

DP seems to put up with me so far.

YANU though

TheVermiciousKnid Thu 20-Oct-11 17:34:02

Ha, you are married to my husband. grin What annoys him most though is when he knows that he can't blame anybody else but himself. grin

Georgimama Thu 20-Oct-11 17:35:48

Is he doing man looking? Opening cupboard doors and then shutting them again? I may start putting some of DH's belongings on springs so they pop out and bop him on the nose.

Ormirian Thu 20-Oct-11 17:37:00

Yes, that would annoy him if he ever admitted it was true grin

My strategy is to say 'Has anyone seen the X!' without attaching blame. It works much better - they have got so used to my losing the car keys they have a routine for finding them!

Ormirian Thu 20-Oct-11 17:37:50

Indeed georgimama - but I will have to stop calling it Man-looking 'cos DD does it too.

FruStefanLindman Thu 20-Oct-11 17:43:01

Oh yes, the 'man looking', Georgimama. grin

DP did this recently, looking in the bathroom cabinet. "Fru have you seen my tablets?" I wandered in to see him standing there with the cabinet doors open - the tablets were exactly at his eye level, label facing outwards, right where he was looking hmm

Ormirian Thu 20-Oct-11 19:44:01

He found them.

In the top drawer of his bedside cabinet.

When I laughed at him he gave me an old-fashioned look and said that they had not been there when he looked last week. I asked if that meant he thought someone has sneaked them in there when he wasn't looking, he said that yes they probably had.

Words fail me...... grin

whackamole Thu 20-Oct-11 20:01:13

I have one like this.

I remember when 'someone' 'stole' one of our pillowcases from the laundrette. Just one. Couldn't possibly have been he just accidentally left one there! Dopy twit!

rhondajean Thu 20-Oct-11 21:00:44

There are four people living in our house and three of them do man-looking. Only one of them is a man, or indeed male.

When the proper-looker (guess who) finds the item in about 30 seconds, they grunt, shuffle, smile and say oh fancy that, it was there all along.

Im not sure what my point is - but its good to share!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now