Talk

Advanced search

to think my husband is being a knob

(52 Posts)
filiscare Thu 20-Oct-11 13:05:06

Or am I just so tired its clouding my judgements.
This week (as most weeks) has consisted of getting up at four ish in the morning with ds, getting ready for work, going to work coming home making tea eating tea putting ds to bed, going to bed. I am, for want of a better word, fucked. Yesterday, as I work flexi I decided to finish at three however I don't drive, got to bus stop, realised had forgotten purse. Mil lives five mins from where I work and always offers to give me a ride home if I need it. So I called and asked if it was ok. She said yes and came and took me home.
Dh was pissed off I had asked his mum for a lift.
I have just been sick at work and been sent home (just in case its that nasty bug going around so i dont infect anyone else) personally I think its exhaustion.
The help thing is a separate issue but I don't understand why he went in a strop about me asking his mum for a lift when I'm drowning and need some quiet time to myself.

ScaredTEECat Thu 20-Oct-11 13:06:18

He is, in fact, a knob.

moonshineandspellbooks Thu 20-Oct-11 13:06:30

If the MIL Is willing, I really don't see what his problem is. confused

LesserOfTwoWeevils Thu 20-Oct-11 13:08:10

YANBU. He should be embarrassed that it's his mother who's helping you out when you're ill and not him.

chirpchirp Thu 20-Oct-11 13:08:44

Yep, definitely a knob. Is he completely blind to the fact of how much you do?

MonaLotte Thu 20-Oct-11 13:09:48

He does sound very unsympathetic.

Does your DS always get up at 4? Does he go back to sleep or is he awake from then on? It's no wonder you are shattered sad

If your mil was happy to pick you up I don't see the problem.

ljgibbs Thu 20-Oct-11 13:10:01

He is a knob.

snowmummy Thu 20-Oct-11 13:10:06

No idea what his problem is. Your MIL has offered and that's that. He needs to help at home as well.

nomoreheels Thu 20-Oct-11 13:12:23

Yep, big ol' knob.

Why isn't he helping more?

Shodan Thu 20-Oct-11 13:14:06

Yup. He's a knob.

Why on earth is he not getting up on some of those early mornings to give you the chance of more sleep?

zingzillachinchilla Thu 20-Oct-11 13:14:42

He sounds charming hmm. What's his issue with you calling his mother? Based on the info you've provided, he's a knob and your MIL is lovely!

tigermoll Thu 20-Oct-11 13:15:42

It does sound like he's being VU, - maybe there is something else going on?

It seems such an unlikly thing to strop about, so maybe you should (calmly and in a spirit of senisitivity) ask him why it bothered him so much.

He will then either have to give you a reason (guilt, mother issues, etc) or admit that he over reacted.

Then I think you should have another chat with him about doing alternate early-waking with your dc. It's not fair that its always you.

Tortington Thu 20-Oct-11 13:15:43

husband wanker

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Thu 20-Oct-11 13:16:53

Nice MIL.
Knob of a 'd'h.
4 am starts every day are no joke, no wonder you're so shattered.
What exactly is he doing to help you?

FearTricksPotter Thu 20-Oct-11 13:22:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumsamilitant Thu 20-Oct-11 13:27:04

YANBU, he's more than a knob, he's a knob with bells on.

filiscare Thu 20-Oct-11 13:28:10

mona he used to sleep til about six, now for the past few weeks he had a tummy bug then a cold which strangely always got him up about 4-4.30.
He will usually go back to sleep but by the time this has happened I am too awake and conscious of the fact I have to be up at 0630 for work and so can't drop back off. Plus I have alot on my mind at the mo which doesn't help.
I have asked him for more help and things do get better for a bit. But then....

Ephiny Thu 20-Oct-11 13:31:26

I don't understand - how does it affect him if his mum gave you a lift? If it was a one-off, and she offered, it's not as though you're taking advantage of her or anything.

Why do you have to get up at 4am every day, do you start work very early or have a long commute? That sounds exhausting. Is your DH pulling his weight at home and with looking after DS? If you're both working, he shuold be doing his bit.

duvetdayplease Thu 20-Oct-11 13:42:14

Hmm, that does sound rather knobbish behaviour, sorry. Really don't understand why he's bothered - its nice of her isn't it? Does he have other issues with his mum?

ItWasABoojum Thu 20-Oct-11 13:48:25

Another vote for knob here. And another cry of 'why the arse isn't he doing more of the early mornings/tea preparation?'

picnicbasketcase Thu 20-Oct-11 13:52:29

Knobby McKnobsworth.

Pakdooik Thu 20-Oct-11 13:54:00

Secretary General of the Uknobby Nations

PandorasSocks Thu 20-Oct-11 13:54:13

Sir Knobby de Knob of Knobsville.

MonaLotte Thu 20-Oct-11 13:57:43

Oh dear hopefully he might manage to sleep later once he is better. Also the fact it is getting light later on may help.
Your D knob H should offer to help out more angry

CalmaLlamaDown Thu 20-Oct-11 14:02:26

YANBU, it is really weird that it bugged him - did he say why he was annoyed that you asked his mother?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now