Talk

Advanced search

To be really annoyed when people order clothes and get them delivered to work

(25 Posts)
cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 12:23:14

This is probably being caused by a bit of jealousy as I normally spend any spare cash on my son and cant remember the last time I brought myself clothes!I dont look like a bag lady but you know what I mean! However it really winds me up when the river island bags arrive or asos and they then have a fashion show in the office!! Who cares??!! Please tell me if I need to just move on and get a grip? They also seem to all wear the same clothes as well??

mrskeithlemon Thu 20-Oct-11 12:25:46

the fashion show element would piss me off.

There is a girl in our offices who has had a (much better paid) position created for her because she was shagging the boss.

She now flaunts the fact she has ordered 10 of the same alexander mcqueen scarves in all the different colours because 'she liked them all and couldn't decide' Also,m numerous Jimmy Choo's are passed around on a monthly basis for us all to admire. I ignore them, it really fucking irritates me

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 12:30:19

Omg! We have one of these here!! She never wears the same thing twice and now our MD has started dressing like her! You then get the "oh those jeans look lovely on you" . I am tempted to stand up and say get a bloody life. I do try to ignore but its puke inducing to say the least.

NinkyNonker Thu 20-Oct-11 12:32:48

The fashion show bit would piss me off (unless it was showing mates over lunch or similar) but the delivery bit no. You often see posts on here from people compaining about taking deliveries for neighbours, so what are working people to do? Never shop online?

GuillotinedMaryLacey Thu 20-Oct-11 12:34:49

No need for the fashion show but having stuff delivered to work seems sensible to me if work don't mind. Saves the neighbours having to take it in all the time smile

pleasethanks Thu 20-Oct-11 12:35:10

Delivery bit doesn't bother me in the slightest, but the fashion shows wouldn't be on. So really, the fashion shows are the issue!

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 12:36:59

I think its the whole fashion show thing that gets my goat. I work all day and have to sometimes get stuff delivered here . Its the whole Gok Wan show that gets me. Grrrrr

sommewhereelse Thu 20-Oct-11 12:37:53

You need to get a grip. It's convenient to shop this way. If all the adults in a household work you can't have them delivered to home.

I've moved recently but previously everyone's clothes were ordered and delivered to my place of work because it was such a faff to get to the shops. Neither DH nor I worked anywhere near any clothes shops so we couldn't shop at lunchtime. The only alternative would have been shopping on Saturday afternoons when the shops are heaving!

SinicalSal Thu 20-Oct-11 12:41:02

I'm not into fashion really but I'll take any bit of distraction at work, even having to admire 10 identical scarves would kill a few minutes.

spiderpig8 Thu 20-Oct-11 12:41:33

' We have one of these here!! She never wears the same thing twice and now our MD has started dressing like her! '

please tell e your MD is not a man!

minipie Thu 20-Oct-11 12:41:51

YABU re the deliveries

YANBU re the fashion show

<gavel>

Iggly Thu 20-Oct-11 12:44:04

YABU grin

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 12:53:25

SPIDERPIG8-HA HA HA that made me larf!! no shes a lady!!

miniepie and iggly when it happens every day I think even you would start to get a bit annoyed. Who cares???

nickelbabe Thu 20-Oct-11 12:56:12

YABU
definitely YABU.

notwithstanding your jealousy grin

I have things delivered to work - one of the perks of being the boss. saves me having to traipse all the way to the PO to see if the bloody things have arrived.
(also, the parcelforce man brings stuff to my shop even if it has my home address on the parcel! )

nickelbabe Thu 20-Oct-11 12:56:34

YANBU about being annoyed at her showing them off.

DurhamDurham Thu 20-Oct-11 12:59:03

It doesn't annoy me, but then I enjoy any excuse to stop working for a few minutes. A break from monotony if you like smile

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 13:08:57

as i said its the fashion shows that grate on my nerves!

PosiesOfPoison Thu 20-Oct-11 13:10:16

Well work is not a place for fashion shows, surely there's work to do?

But if it's at lunchtime go and get some fresh air!

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Thu 20-Oct-11 13:21:57

YANBU ....why don't you give "constructive" "Ooh nice top! But it's a bit low for me...I don't like looking busty...lovely on you though!"

OR "OOh that skirt is gorgeous! My Mum's got one in blue."

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 13:22:06

PosiesOfPoison- It used to be alot more frequent during work hours but I think other people have said something as its appears to have died off a bit. I will try and leave the office I think at lunchtime as this may help

EssexGurl Thu 20-Oct-11 14:23:38

Not clothes, but DH orders loads of crap stuff from the internet. His work don't allow delivery so they all come home. Then I get the "oh, you aren't doing anything this week are you? I've got x, y, z being delivered by don't know when". No, I just sit at home filing my nails and watching Jeremy Kyle.

Oh, to be able to have his stuff delivered to work. So, yes, YABU!!

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 15:34:28

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll-Good feedback I will give it a spin

TethHearseEnd Thu 20-Oct-11 15:39:05

grin at 10 Alexander McQueen scarves.

What a twat.

OP, try getting fetish gear/outrageous sex toys delivered for you at work (and then return them wink)

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 20-Oct-11 15:41:24

I occasionally get personal things delivered to work, and so do my colleagues. I think it's inevitable if you spend most of your business hours away from home as most delivery services still insist on delivering in business hours.

However, no one unpacks their stuff and shows it off in the office. I'd be ashamed to.

So no, YANBU!

cuteboots Thu 20-Oct-11 17:39:25

TethHearseEnd- Im going to order a rampant rabbit and a few other toys delivered I think! ha ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now