Talk

Advanced search

To have this friend over?

(5 Posts)
PeachesMelba Thu 20-Oct-11 10:18:22

Friend A introduced me to Friend B some time ago.

Friend B has emailed offering to pop over after DC2 is born (due next month) and I'm up for it as I'd like to chat/get to know her a bit better. Never been in her company without Friend A present.

Trouble is, I think Friend A will be miffed if I don't invite her at the same time. But if I do invite Friend A, the two of them will end up chatting at length about all their mutual friends/colleagues who I don't know and I'll have nothing to add to the conversation (been there before) and will sort of feel like I'm there to provide food/wine and listen politely.

So WIBU not to invite Friend A on this occasion, even though I know she'll be in a grump for a bit?

I've been in a similar situation where I've introduced two friends who really hit it off and ended up spending time together without me, and rather than sulk I sort of took silent credit for introducing two people who are still great mates to this day... But I know not everyone would feel like that.

Cassettetapeandpencil Thu 20-Oct-11 10:23:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NaughtyBusterAndTheBumFactory Thu 20-Oct-11 11:05:07

She has offered to pop round, she hasn't offered to pop round with friend A so I'd say she doesn't see it as a problem so neither should you.

A few of my friends have become friends and I like that.

MissJanuary Thu 20-Oct-11 11:29:32

I'm with NaughtyBuster, she offered independently of friend A.

I had this happen to me when a friend introduced me and I ended up friendlier with the couple than her, she got the real hump and actually stomped her feet and said "but I knew them first, I introduced you"

So what did she want a finders fee? Commission?

People hit it off (and don't) thats life. Your friend A need to get over herself if she's going to take the hump.

aldiwhore Thu 20-Oct-11 11:31:44

I'd make time for friend A first, then have Friend B round on her own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now