Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you regret finding out the sex of your unborn child.

(119 Posts)
33kns Wed 19-Oct-11 21:58:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mamasmissionimpossible Wed 19-Oct-11 22:02:16

I just found out the sex of my dc and I don't regret it. I was really wanted to know.

DiscoDaisy Wed 19-Oct-11 22:03:21

We weren't allowed with our first 2 but with our last 3 we found out.
We felt that it was nice to be able to say him or her rather than 'the baby'.
Luckily with all 3 it was soooooo obvious which sex they were that the Sonographer's each time said that they were 100% sure (which they weren't supposed to).
We felt that knowing the sex was one small part of the experience.
It doesn't tell you what the baby is going to look like or what the personality is going to be.

QuietNinjaZombie Wed 19-Oct-11 22:03:46

Nope didn't regret it at all. If we have another we will find out again.

CharleyBucket Wed 19-Oct-11 22:04:00

I found out and didnt regret it! Loved the fact i could buy another colour other than cream or yellow!

naturalbaby Wed 19-Oct-11 22:04:50

i found out with 2, surprise with the 3rd. i knew exactly how and why i wanted to do things and was very confident in my decisions which i spent a long long time thinking about. so...
no, no regrets.

why would you regret it? if you don't want to then don't, you'll find out eventually one way or another!

troisgarcons Wed 19-Oct-11 22:05:09

NO. But I'm a bit of a n anally retentative planner. I suppose it made a difference that 2 & 3 were prem and not expected to survive. In someways knowing the sex was irrelevent but it also allowed us to attach identities to them early on. But I dont think I'd have been any different if they were normalpregnancies that went to term. I like to be able to plan ahead.

SacreLao Wed 19-Oct-11 22:05:47

I don't think anyone would ever regret finding out or not finding out the sex, it's just one of them things really and depends on what you prefer.

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and plan on asking the sex, just because I would like to know. If they can't tell then so what, no big deal either.

Kayano Wed 19-Oct-11 22:07:48

I need to plan!!!

Names
Clothes
Colours etc

And I like saying 'she' instead of 'the baby'

northcountrygirl Wed 19-Oct-11 22:08:16

God no didn't regret it at all! With my twins i was really lucky and found out I was having one of each (or maybe not so lucky in retrospect since they absolutely hate each other - why?? this is not what I envisaged when I found out I was having boy/girl twins???).

With my youngest DD I felt it helped my bond with her more. We were able to name her so she wasn't just a fetus, she was always xxx aand it was lovely. Sorry that's really cheesy....

northcountrygirl Wed 19-Oct-11 22:09:31

Plus, obviously, the planning was good too! No yellow (or beige) for us!

slavetofilofax Wed 19-Oct-11 22:12:54

I didn't regret it at all. I still had the surprise of meeting my babies and seeing what they looked like, and I really enjoyed being able to refer to them as he instead of it.

BellaDonnaSansMerci Wed 19-Oct-11 22:13:27

I was desperate to know and I don't/didn't regret it at all.

ggirl Wed 19-Oct-11 22:14:43

didn't know with first.wasn't offered
2nd we asked and I wish we hadn't

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Wed 19-Oct-11 22:15:24

Didn't regret it. Helped with bonding.

SazZaVoom Wed 19-Oct-11 22:16:22

No, not at all with either of ours.

My friend was HORRIFIED we found out. Then she went on to find out with her pfb grin

NotnOtter Wed 19-Oct-11 22:17:34

found out with one - regretted it

lollystix Wed 19-Oct-11 22:17:59

Not at all. Found out with dc 1,2 and 4 but not 3 (wish I had tbh). It helped me' identify with them. Still all different despite all being the same gender.

WitchesAreComing Wed 19-Oct-11 22:19:31

NnO are you okay now? sad

VoldemortsNipple Wed 19-Oct-11 22:22:12

I did regret finding out with Dc3 I didn't think it was a big deal as I already had a boy and girl. As soon as I found out, I was hoping they were wrong so I would get a surprise.

I loved the excitement of giving birth and finding out the sex, having 2 names picked out and buying little white babygrows. I also think the news is so much nicer to share to.

So often now, when you hear of a new birth, you already know the name and sex. All that's left to share is the weight. I don't believe you need to know the sex to plan for your baby.

SazZaVoom Wed 19-Oct-11 22:24:51

We only found out with DD1 as i had a rather precarious medical problem, involving blue lights to hospital. Finding out the sex gave us something positive to take away from that awful night

grumplestilskin Wed 19-Oct-11 22:26:40

no not at all, was very glad of it! birth didn't go to plan and was a bit out of it so already sort of knowing something about him sort of helped me accept he was mine if that makes sense? lots of other reasons too

jellybeans Wed 19-Oct-11 22:26:49

Found out with some of mine (all the ones we could do-first 2 we weren't allowed to ask). Never regretted it and still remember each special moment we found out. The birth was still magical and there was still alot of surprises, hair colour etc etc.

MaMattoo Wed 19-Oct-11 22:27:15

I do. I wish it was a mystery as my labour and eventual arrival of DS took 4 days!!! Having said that I was chatting about him, buying him stuff and talking to him before he came out grin and do it was almost like a hello, pleased to finally meet you!

reelingintheyears Wed 19-Oct-11 22:30:52

We have three children and we never knew the gender of any of them...What difference would it have made?

They were all healthy and we were happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now