Talk

Advanced search

in hating dealing with garages

(5 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Wed 19-Oct-11 13:49:49

Car having it's mot today. Asked garage to call me and discuss any work needed/cost etc. DH is in work I have day off so more reasonble for them to have my number. Just got a call from the garage angry
The mechanic told me car had failed due to "fbghirhtfga" (he didn't actually say that but he might as well have grin). I said "could you explain what that means?" . He replies "Well you haven't passed your MOT love" No shit sherlock. I had to ask him a further 3 times to explain what exactly the fault was,cue jokes about dumb blondes angry
I took great pleasure in pointing out to him that this dumb woman was the one paying him and will be thanking him for his piss poor service when I pick up said vehicle and pointing out that I will be taking my vehicle and money elsewhere in future.......and breathe.

MurderBloodstabsandgore Wed 19-Oct-11 13:53:39

YANBU.

somewhere else would do the work, and I'd be inclined to take it there angry

cat64 Wed 19-Oct-11 14:00:23

Message withdrawn

hobnobsaremyfave Wed 19-Oct-11 14:02:20

I know not all garages are like this and to be honest we knew we wouldn't deal with this one again but needed the MOT doen before we go away on holiday. I find anything to do with cars and money sends my anxiety levels sky high so could cheerfully kill this twat for making me feel like shit today.

LisbethSalander Wed 19-Oct-11 14:21:47

YADefNBU. I think you did brilliantly calling him on his behaviour and telling him how he was going to lose out - may be he'll think twice next time.

Misogynist garage employees seem to be who I generally have to speak to as well when I deal with our family's car maintenance. It is almost always me who checks tyre pressures/oil and water levels and is always me that sorts out MOTs/services/ad hoc repairs so I was really impressed when I was told by a local garage owner that our car needed more oil, "get your hubby to do that" (said in patronising, pitying tone as if I may not be aware of the concept of oil). They've had no business from us since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now