Talk

Advanced search

Did you know that if you take your child out in public in mismatched clothes, people will JUDGE you?

(163 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Wed 19-Oct-11 12:21:31

Reality I feel as if I know your sister grin

loveglove Wed 19-Oct-11 12:22:21

ROFL

seeker Wed 19-Oct-11 12:25:35

When I was first pregnant I saw a child of about 4 walking down the street wearing pyjamas with a leotard and tu- tu over the top, a sun hat and wellies.

I thought that mum was the coolest mum ever, and have modelled myself on her ever since. I wonder who she was!

bamboobutton Wed 19-Oct-11 12:26:08

my kids are dressed in the first thing that is frantically dragged from the clean laundry mountain.

i couldn't give a rats arse if i'm judged, the clothes seem to get dirty within seconds of being put on so i'm not effing about with matching outfits.

minimisschief Wed 19-Oct-11 12:26:14

i like my childs clothes to match but sometimes due to many spills etc i just chuck on anything that is clean.

i mean it is nice to match but at the same time the world will not implode if they don't

StepfordWannabe Wed 19-Oct-11 12:26:39

She IRONS her toddler's clothes?????

CMOTdibbler Wed 19-Oct-11 12:27:26

Snurk. She'd be hoiking her judgy pants at me as I hardly ever iron, and ds is rarely in anything that could be described at matching. He even <whispers> wears leggings, and other stuff that is sold as girls clothing

TandB Wed 19-Oct-11 12:27:30

[looks down at mis-matched assortment of long skirt, casual t-shirt and wooly socks that seemed appropriate for a day in the office]

I think my child's attire is the last of my worries.....

TheRealMrsHannigan Wed 19-Oct-11 12:30:17

I iron my toddlers clothes too, is that wrong? confused

That said, I drive DH nuts, as he is very much like your sister OP, whereas I have a thing for mixing stripes and spots, I find it very cute grin

Sirzy Wed 19-Oct-11 12:30:31

As long as ds is wearing clean clothes then I'm happy!

Sirzy Wed 19-Oct-11 12:31:41

Oh I iron his clothes to unless they are glided straight from the drier. To creased otherwise

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Wed 19-Oct-11 12:31:56

I never knew there was enough time in anyone's life for ironing toddlers' clothes.

4madboys Wed 19-Oct-11 12:32:56

well i do like my kids clothes to match/co-ordinate, but if they dont its not the end of the world, (for the boys at least dd is my little doll blush )

and i never ironed any clothes till ihad dd, but i do iron some of her little dresses shock

TheRealMrsHannigan Wed 19-Oct-11 12:33:44

Loopy yes, DD's are ironed far more than mine, hers are much smaller see, less time consuming wink

Sirzy Wed 19-Oct-11 12:34:47

Loopy hardly takes anytime to iron them. I did 3 loads of ironing this morning in about 40 mins

ChunkyMonkeyMother Wed 19-Oct-11 12:35:13

Is your sister my mother?

One of the first things she bought when I found out I was pregnant was a colour co-ordination chart for the wardrobe - She actually said to me "So you don't dress the poor child the same way you dress yourself"

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Wed 19-Oct-11 12:36:32

That's 40 minutes that you could have wasted doing sod all, like me. Seriously, I am a bit in awe of ironers. I loathe it, but if you don't mind, fair play to you.

babyheavingmassofmaggots Wed 19-Oct-11 12:37:01

blush

All of my DD's clothes are hung up in the wardrobe in co-ordinated outfits, complete with the correct, matching pairs of tights tucked in the top.

I started doing this after too many "dressed by dad WTF" days.

Oh shit. I'm an utter cock aren't I?

babyheavingmassofmaggots Wed 19-Oct-11 12:37:44

I also use an ironing service...

staylucky Wed 19-Oct-11 12:38:18

Haha x
I was once having a rummage about in Oxfam when the old bid who works behind the counter spotted my sons odd socks, she then took it upon herself to immediately find a matching pair from the stockroom, because odd socks is some kind of grave fashion error never to be made when dressing a baby???

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Wed 19-Oct-11 12:39:51

Is your neice a pfb per chance? confess that I was also like her when I only had one.

ElaineReese Wed 19-Oct-11 12:41:03

Well I never much liked it when dp got them up and would put on a striped top with flowery skirt and spotty tights. Not really because of judging, just the assault on the eyes all day! neither of them was 'my little doll', but if you tend to be interested in the aesthetics of stuff, you're not going to want your child looking a dog's dinner either, are you?

Mind you, he also used to put on their dungies back to front. And then swear that was the way they were meant to go.

TheRealMrsHannigan Wed 19-Oct-11 12:41:28

My problem is, whilst DH wants DD to look like a baby stepping out of a catalogue, he is colour blind and also has no clue as to appropriate footwear.

I went away for my hen weekend and he took DD to a party, the dress (which was actually a quite casual tunic that has matching leggings that he did not put on her) did not go with the shoes he had chosen (red leather dolly shoes with a fabric strawberry on them), the styles totally clashed but he seemed to think that because they were both red (totally different shades of red I might add!) that it was ok.
He then let her run riot in the garden, eat whatever she liked and sent me a pic that at first glance looked like a Bosnian warzone orphan grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now