Talk

Advanced search

To think Kelly Hoppen is miserable and odd?

(18 Posts)
Moulesfrites Wed 19-Oct-11 09:08:24

Did anyone see her programmable on c5 last night? She seems to be on a mission to make everyone do their house up in taupy sludgy dreary uniformity. What's wrong with a bit of colour FFs? She kept tutting and rolling her eyes when this poor woman picked anything un-taupe from the paint charts.

Moulesfrites Wed 19-Oct-11 09:11:56

Programmable? Programme.

rockboobs Wed 19-Oct-11 09:17:53

Yes! - She's not likable at all is she? She has zero charisma and seems to be barely tolerating the poor ordinary people on the programme

She really stamped on all that lady's ideas for her lovely little flat, which in my opinion was alright in the first place as it reflected the lady's tastes and she loved colour, after all, she lives there.

I can't understand people wanting to UNpersonalise their homes unless they are putting them on the market.

Kelly Hoppens work looks dated already. All that vague, careful and impersonal showhomey-ness is very Argos catalogue.

rockboobs Wed 19-Oct-11 09:19:29

sorry Argos!

noddyholder Wed 19-Oct-11 09:20:01

Her style is very footballers wives Horrible glitzy and every scheme looks the same. I liked the kitchen though but felt she made the room look smaller with all the stuff

Moulesfrites Wed 19-Oct-11 09:27:25

Yes, i likedthe kitchen but she seemed a bit annoyed that it was ever so slightly greener than she had envisaged!

corygal Wed 19-Oct-11 09:31:16

Kelly is known as ghastly IRL. Even in the oh-so sunny world of interiors, she is notorious as truly horrid. ALLEGEDLY.

But the Argos sushi bar she's been doing for 25 years does seem to be tottering on - the shop is still open on the Fulham Road. [MORE BORING]

rockboobs Wed 19-Oct-11 09:50:22

Years ago i worked on a leather wall-piece that was featured in one of her books. Taupe, brown and cream. She hasn't moved on.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 19-Oct-11 09:56:52

She doesn't seem to like people - it's as if they get in the way in her beige world and make it messy.

I want to see the episode you're talking about but it's not up to play on the Ch5 website yet.

PrimaBallerina Wed 19-Oct-11 09:57:04

rockboobs you are right on the button with your robot description. I was looking forward to this one (maternity leave induced love of crap telly) but switched off after half an episode to stare at the floor instead.

I can't believe anyone would bother to hack her phone.

rockboobs Wed 19-Oct-11 09:59:57

Prima - the maternity leave addiction to crap telly takes AGES to wear off wink

TipOfTheSlung Wed 19-Oct-11 10:02:26

I can't imagine actually living in anything she does. It's all so impractical

reasonstobecheerful Wed 19-Oct-11 10:05:34

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the programme last night, she's sometimes on QVC flogging her enormously pricey beige duvet covers and throws in a bored monotone mutter.

HellonHeels Wed 19-Oct-11 10:07:02

"Argos sushi bar" grin

HauntedHengshanRoad Wed 19-Oct-11 10:09:18

She embodies that awful, over-entitled class of woman that has got where she is merely because of Emperor's New Clothes and connections to the rich and famous. She's desperately uncharismatic, and comes across as a nasty piece of wor.

HauntedHengshanRoad Wed 19-Oct-11 10:09:31

k.

springydaffs Wed 19-Oct-11 10:22:12

Her mother was a famous interior designer before her [useless info alert]

PinotScreechio Wed 19-Oct-11 10:24:41

I think she used to date Sol Campbell. <more useless info>

Agree she's crap.

And her hair makes me randomly stabby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now