Talk

Advanced search

To have let DS 3 wee in the street?

(75 Posts)
BoobleBeep Tue 18-Oct-11 21:56:01

Was at the shops with DS today, he really needed a wee and both shops we asked wouldn't let us use their toilet because of health and safety. The only cafe I couldn't get my buggy with sleeping DS2 in so I took him around a corner and let him wee against a wall beofr ehe wet himself. I recieved a couple of dirty looks, was IBU?

CharleyBucket Tue 18-Oct-11 22:02:54

YANBU when they've gotta go... they've gotta go!
Ive seen people whipping out pottys in shops for their kids. Wouldn't do it myself but can see why people do it!
Who cares what anyone else thinks!

pigletmania Tue 18-Oct-11 22:04:46

YANBU, there were no toilets nearby, and your ds is only little, don't worry

squeakyfreakytoy Tue 18-Oct-11 22:04:47

My mum used to hold me over a grid. You could have helped him do that rather than up a wall where it will smell and people may have to walk through it too.

marriedinwhite Tue 18-Oct-11 22:05:25

completely reasonable - mine have peed down innumerable drains.

pigletmania Tue 18-Oct-11 22:05:47

The rain will come soon enough and wash away

soverylucky Tue 18-Oct-11 22:07:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aldiwhore Tue 18-Oct-11 22:07:42

YANBU my DS does this, but I try not to encourage it [parentalsternface] smile

Birdsgottafly Tue 18-Oct-11 22:07:55

No YANBU as long as you were discrete.

What else are you supposed to do? There aren't public toilets like there used to be. I pop into pubs when i am out, but you cannot always do that with a buggy.

MrBloomsNursery Tue 18-Oct-11 22:08:44

hmm I think you should plan your trips and make DS go to the loo before leaving the house, and not give hiim too much to drink if you know you'll be out a long time. Honestly. That is just horrible. I hope it wasn't someone's garden wall. I'd be really angry if someone did that against my wall.

LordOfTheFlies Tue 18-Oct-11 22:09:43

One of my godsends was a TomeeTipee fold-up potty when DD was a toddlers.(They have a little bag with an absorbant pad it in).

DS wouldn't use it (he's DC1)

DS peed in a drain once in town .There were no toilets nearby and he had to go. Two policemen walked by, neither one said anything.

So don't worry. As long as he's not peeing in a shop doorway grin

PelvicFlAAAAARGHOfSteel Tue 18-Oct-11 22:10:15

YANBU - particularly when you have a baby you can't leave, sometimes you just have to do whatever you have to do.

helpmabob Tue 18-Oct-11 22:10:44

YANBU, not even worth giving it a second's thought

pigletmania Tue 18-Oct-11 22:11:08

MrBloomsnursery not easy with a 3 year old who might want to go again after going at home. Pre schoolers can be predictable. Also I have made dd 4.5 try and go to the loo before we go, she sits but nothing comes out, then suddenly half an hour later she needs to go, so I either pop into a public loo if there is, if not find somewhere discreet.

pigletmania Tue 18-Oct-11 22:12:16

meant unpredictable.

worraliberty Tue 18-Oct-11 22:14:06

Kids have pissed in the street since time began grin

That's the beauty of having boys, it's so much easier to deal with wink

MrBloomsNursery Tue 18-Oct-11 22:16:07

pigletmania how do you find somewhere discrete for your DD? Really, I am intrigued; boys are easy - they just point and pee, but it's a whole different ball game for girls. Do you take her trousers/knickers completely off her legs? I can imagine wet clothes and shoes.

ButHeNeverDid Tue 18-Oct-11 22:17:46

Oh of course YANBU.

pigletmania Tue 18-Oct-11 22:17:56

Well in a park, with no loos nearby, so a bush will do, where there is a will there is a way. They are only little at that age, not like an older child who you would expect to hold.

kim111 Tue 18-Oct-11 22:18:47

YANBU, it's not ideal but you tried several other options.

I have one of these for my 3 year old twin sons, it is really discrete so no one can complain smile

worraliberty Tue 18-Oct-11 22:19:05

MrBloom I've got 3 boys but I could still easily manage my DN's.

You just learn to hold them a certain way so the wee doesn't hit them.

Actually you have to do the same with little boys (hold them while they lean forward) so they don't wet their clothes.

pigletmania Tue 18-Oct-11 22:20:54

I just hold her in a seating position, or get her to squat like we do.

MrBloomsNursery Tue 18-Oct-11 22:21:19

I see, thanks worraliberty, let's hope I never have to try with DD, but good to know these types of things for the future!!

duvetdayplease Tue 18-Oct-11 22:21:31

Hahahaha at the idea you can make a three year old go when they don't want to and then stop them when they do. Cos, you know, the bladder has a special brain all of its own, it is biddable. Plenty of adults leave the house and think 'oh, bother, need the loo'.

Of course YANBU, if he'd pissed himself it would have been on the floor anyway wouldn't it. People are so judgey, dogs wee everywhere. The reason humans don't is due to standards of decency, rather than it being more unhygienic for a human to pee on the floor than it is for a dog.

Sevenfoldedbloodybodies Tue 18-Oct-11 22:21:37

yanbu that is what drains are for

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now