Talk

Advanced search

I really dont think I am but happy to be told differently

(10 Posts)
Bogeymanface Tue 18-Oct-11 20:26:02

DD came in a second ago and was moaning that her leg hurt when she put her weight on it, she trod on a toy in the playroom earlier (that she left out) and has been playing the consumptive heroine ever since. So I told her to hop.

She said I was being mean but I think that I solved her problem!

So, AIBU?

manicbmc Tue 18-Oct-11 20:27:59

I'd have said the same and told her to tidy up her stuff in future. grin

travellingwilbury Tue 18-Oct-11 20:28:55

YANBU fact !

Uglymush Tue 18-Oct-11 20:28:59

I love it!!

backwardpossom Tue 18-Oct-11 20:29:22

Definitely NBU

Bogeymanface Tue 18-Oct-11 20:30:15

grin I did Manic!

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 18-Oct-11 20:31:56

Depends. Which foot did you tell her to hop on? If it was the gravely injured foot, you would have been a tad unreasonable. grin

BOOareHaunting Tue 18-Oct-11 20:34:07

YANBU. However I told DS the same thing once (same situation with toys not tidied!) and when he woke in the morning with a black sole of the foot as well as the hole where he'd taken the skin off (I knew about the hole!) I ended up in minor injuries with him. blush

Funniest thing is when he hopped into the cubicle unnecessarily and the nurse did the old - just walk on it you don't need to hop he replied 'mummy told me to'. Cue the hmm look from the nurse until I explained!

blackoutthesun Tue 18-Oct-11 20:35:09

op are you my mum smile

<writes that down to remember in the future>

and yanbu

Bogeymanface Tue 18-Oct-11 20:39:35

Oops Boo not good!

She is/was fine, she has just developed a real dying swan act recently whenever anything happens. I had to put some antiseptic cream on a nasty graze a few weeks back and she screamed, literally, and cried because it was agony. I let her get on with it for a minute, and then told her that I hadnt actually put the stuff on yet grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now