Talk

Advanced search

To not want to fetch DS from school?

(16 Posts)
GalaxyWeaver Tue 18-Oct-11 14:48:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dawndonna Tue 18-Oct-11 14:56:41

No, you're not.
My oldest is 27, my youngest 15. So far I have been doing the school run for sixteen years. I have another three to go! Nineteen years on the school run, aaaargghhhhh!

oldmum42 Tue 18-Oct-11 15:07:55

YANBU.

Dawndonna, I see your 19 (+3 to come) years on the school run and raise you.............. 13 years on the school run and and another 17 years to go!

My eldest is 17years, youngest 11months..... rural area, even getting the bus when they are older involves a "school run" to the pick-up-points!

RedRumElmosMum Tue 18-Oct-11 15:11:30

I've done 8 years so far and will have another 14 years to do the School run . No bus available here either <sigh>

bumpybecky Tue 18-Oct-11 15:12:31

30 years [faints]

I'm only on year 10! ds starts next year but we live so close to the schools I think I'm going to let him fend for himself once he reaches middle school...

this year I've got 4 dc at 4 schools (only three of which I drop off / collect at every day) which is nice for a change confused

harassedandherbug Tue 18-Oct-11 15:14:19

YANBU.....

I think I beat you both but my preg addled brain is too tired to figure it out! Ds1 is 22 and youngest is due in December..... that's a LOT of school runs, plus I hate the cliche mums thing. Dd is 5 (year 1) and there's a particularly cliche/competitive mums group. It's torture!

Disclaimer: I do work and don't do it all the time thank goodness.

duvetdayplease Tue 18-Oct-11 15:18:24

Thank you tahnk you thank you for posting this thread as I had forgotten my cooker clock is fucked!

Better get going, 13 mins til pick up (I only need 8 mins so all is well)

Hulababy Tue 18-Oct-11 15:22:35

No, tbh right now I could do without it. Had a car accident yesterday, been on my feet all morning then at a routine hospital appoiintment all aftermoon. Only back half an hour a go anf got to go and get DD in 10 minutes and take her to the local shoe shop to try and buy her some boots. I ache all over, my knee is a bit swollen and my neck hurts. I just want to sit here with my feet up and have a nap!

Dawndonna Tue 18-Oct-11 15:23:50

Good grief, I really thought I was hard done by, particularly as I too have the rural area and bus pick up points too.
I hang my head in shame!
smile

gettingalifenow Tue 18-Oct-11 15:29:17

<faints away in awe of oldmum42's 30 years school run and tells self to get a grip as she's only done half that so far>

mumsamilitant Tue 18-Oct-11 15:30:46

One and only DS at secondary now so I don't have to do it anymore, funny enough I quite miss it sad

Dropping and picking up from Scouts, Sea Cadets, Girlfriends house has taken over though and they're further away!

GalaxyWeaver Tue 18-Oct-11 16:29:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oldmum42 Tue 18-Oct-11 16:44:32

I think HARRASSEDANDHERBUG beats us all!

A 22 year gap between DS1 and newDC??? Truly WOW!

At least, DAWNDONNA, the rural bus pick up means less Bitchybitchy parent clique issues!

Bledkr Tue 18-Oct-11 16:49:13

Nonono I think i win,have 27yr old ds and 8 month old dd grin few in between too.

Dawndonna Tue 18-Oct-11 16:51:02

Oh yes Oldmum I don't miss the primary school gates at all!
wink

oldmum42 Tue 18-Oct-11 16:54:55

OMG BLEDKR! I feel inadequate now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now