Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be shocked at This Morning's Position Du Journey

(21 Posts)
Arachnophobic Mon 17-Oct-11 21:26:18

I walked in to my lounge this morning to find two pensioners on the telly fully clothed (THANK GOD) on a bed engaged in mock sexual position.

Holly and Phillip stood next to bed with some bloke providing a commentary on the benefits of such a position.

AIBU to feel glad that DS (aged 3) was out with DP, and to be shocked generally? I am no prude, but just feel the timing could have been better?

shock

Arachnophobic Mon 17-Oct-11 21:26:47

Position du jour! Bloody Ipad

Icelollycraving Mon 17-Oct-11 21:29:28

Sounds grim. Still,as my mum says 'not dead yet!' grin

BoattoBolivia Mon 17-Oct-11 21:31:00

I did exactly the same thing and was a bit shock! Once I sat down and realised what they were doing part of me though good on them for having pensioners demonstrating sex, but was very glad my dd wasn't off school ill!
Not sure how they introduced it, as I was out of the room, like you.

happyinherts Mon 17-Oct-11 21:35:24

Philip Schofield did warn about youngsters in the room, take them out now

In all honesty it was rather stagey. I mean going to the trouble of dressing them in pyjamas and clambering over each other. I think they looked rather embarrassed too.

In my opinion a rather unnecessary article to have on really. I'm sure active pensioners can figure out their own ways.

TheSkiingGardener Mon 17-Oct-11 21:35:42

I turned on my TV a few minutes earlier, and Philip did say "This is going to include talk about sex and sex toys, so if any young eyes need averting do it now"

Still, bit of a shocker it was on at that time of the day at all to be honest.

PigletJohn Mon 17-Oct-11 21:36:10

is it the pensioner bit you don't like, or the fully clothed bit?

Teehee! I was at my grandmas house with my children. (School holidays here)

DD (12) looked a bit hmm and confused
And my lovely grandma looked blush

Was all a bit weird.
Don't think we really needed a visual aid tbh, I'm sure older people can follow spoken instructions!

TheSkiingGardener Mon 17-Oct-11 21:37:31

I didn't stay to see the item, but do older people really need help to remember what to do? I thought experience would be your guide on that one...

squeakyfreakytoy Mon 17-Oct-11 21:38:53

As if that wasnt bad enough.. the cooking section was even worse, with some idiotic bloke yaddering on about bumming and bummed sandwiches confused

I am no prude, and would probably find it tackily amusing if it was on the Jonathon Ross show... but 11am in a morning is a bit much.

Tomorrowslookingfine Mon 17-Oct-11 21:39:24

I was at the gym, and there were several laughing jogging people. Couldn't hear the sound (as music plays) but saw various vibrators and toys, and then the oldies going at it!
Very strange for midday tv!

happyinherts Mon 17-Oct-11 21:39:52

Ah yes, skiing gardener - the sex toys bit. I thought that was very detailed and explicit. It had nothing to do with the pensioner sex position article though. Were This Morning obsessed today. it seemed a bit like it.

Yes a bit of a shocker at that time of day, remote controlled vibrating devices that a man can operate. Hmmmm

ggirl Mon 17-Oct-11 21:41:52

hahaha this was on telly when I was visiting a patient this morning ,
97 yr old lady was sitting watching it , totally blank expression on her face

destinyorfate Mon 17-Oct-11 21:46:27

hahah talkabout teaching your grandmother to suck eggs! lol that sounds rude! smile

squeakyfreakytoy Mon 17-Oct-11 22:08:13

You can just picture it... a pair of oldies watching, and giving each other the eye...

Three hours later, after getting upstairs, they will have forgotten why they went up in the first place! grin

Arachnophobic Mon 17-Oct-11 22:12:49

grin at squeaky

VivaLeBeaver Mon 17-Oct-11 22:15:31

They had full frontal nudity on this morning some years ago. Judy didn't know where to look.

Arachnophobic Tue 18-Oct-11 02:28:21

piglet I didnt like any of it. The whole thing was a tad bizarre.

SlinkingOutsideInSocks Tue 18-Oct-11 02:35:38

Jeebus, the average pensioner probably has more experience than Phil and Holly put together. hmm

Do they think sex was invented in 1971 or something?

FannyNil Tue 18-Oct-11 03:30:10

Agree with Slinking. What's the problem? Sex discussed on TV at that time of day or the fact some of you seem to think that older people should just go quietly?

Arachnophobic Tue 18-Oct-11 04:49:45

The time of day mainly.

And the fact they found older models willing to engage in simulated sex.

Though I understand from other posters it was geared up for the older generation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now