Talk

Advanced search

to consider letting dd have friday off school, shes only in reception, so we can goto drayton manor, while its less busy and cheaper?

(45 Posts)
carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:35:46

shes only just in reception, it will be the last day of school before the half term.

Sirzy Mon 17-Oct-11 19:36:51

Generally I wouldn't, but I guess they wont be doing a great deal on the last day!

You will find your question will end up with a whole mix of opinions so it probably wont help you decide!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 17-Oct-11 19:37:24

Ours are doing the harvest festival on Friday which they have been practicing for for a fortnight so no I wouldn't.

oneofthosedays Mon 17-Oct-11 19:37:25

I would hides grin

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Mon 17-Oct-11 19:37:29

I would. But I am probably wrong grin.

chocolatespiders Mon 17-Oct-11 19:38:25

It is your decision..

Another good time to go there is teacher training days- as schools have different ones I have been on these days and it is quiet...

GhoulieGussets Mon 17-Oct-11 19:38:45

No, not when she's in reception, she'll be fine. Have a great day.

I want to take DS1 (yr 4) out early at lunchtime on Friday so as to avoid the traffic on the way to Nana's house, but I am now wondering whether the school would relinquish him.

chocolatespiders Mon 17-Oct-11 19:39:16

Meant to say I would shock

carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:39:49

would i hav to lie to the school, and say shes ill?

don't suppose i can really tell them why shes not there can i?

OlderNotWiser Mon 17-Oct-11 19:39:57

Don't be daft, why on earth not? One day out will not stunt her educationally, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Most of the reception children are exhausted anyway so will probably do her good to have a change of scene.

Scaredconfusedexcited Mon 17-Oct-11 19:40:45

I would, the look of excitement on dd's face at getting a family day out over sitting in school would win for me.

One of my fave memories with dd1 was taking her to a posh tea room after a hospital appointment so she had a extra 40 mins of school, she was so excited to get a bit more time with me.

I don't think it will turn her into a hardened criminal.

carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:40:48

the training day is on monday, and thats when thomas land is closed.
closes on the sunday i think.

hellhasnofury Mon 17-Oct-11 19:41:39

It will be a normal day in our school so I wouldn't

SandStorm Mon 17-Oct-11 19:42:07

If you do - don't lie to the school. They will find out because she'll be far too excited to keep it to herself. Just say "DD won't be in tomorrow, have a nice half term".

For the record, I wouldn't do it.

carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:44:20

no, im not worried about dd dropping us in it, as she won't be at school for over a week, and she wont understand what day it was she went on etc.

she won't actually know any differnent.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Mon 17-Oct-11 19:44:25

Don't lie to them! She'll never keep it up.

NoTeaForMe Mon 17-Oct-11 19:45:14

I wouldn't do it. I think it's disrespectful to the school, teachers and other children and it teaches your daughter that you can take time of school when something more fun comes up.

May sound a bit harsh but I'm getting into the spirit of AIBU!

camdancer Mon 17-Oct-11 19:45:30

Don't tell anyone, but I'm taking DS out of school this week to go to Legoland. We were meant to go on the last training day but DD1 had a sickness bug, and this is the next time DH could take off work.

I'm trying to decide on the wording for my letter to school. I don't want to lie - it wouldn't work anyway as DS would just tell everyone the truth. I don't want to ask and give school an opportunity to say no! So far I've got "Just to let you know that DS will be off school due to a family outing."

I hate to disappoint you but it is quite near the midlands and we are half term this week, so it won't be that quiet.

But other than that, go.

carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:47:46

cam what are you doing then? sending in a request for time off?

Take her, she will love it.

And while you are at it, download one of those 2 for 1 vouchers so you can get two adults in for the price of one.

carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:48:47

where wild things are, thats a good point, i wondered if it was half terms already in other areas

2 for 1 voucher here

carriedababi Mon 17-Oct-11 19:51:33

oh thanks

Annunziata Mon 17-Oct-11 19:51:41

Have you checked the weather forecast? If it looks good, take her, she's so young and it's the last day anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now