Talk

Advanced search

to just want to eat cake all day...

(11 Posts)
Happylander Mon 17-Oct-11 14:01:38

I had a traumatic birth and the surgeon was reported to the GMC due to the fact he nearly killed me and I have been left with the usual stuff from it e.g. PTSD, tube gone, career affected and other complications at the time.

Anyway the GMC hearing starts this week and both me and my husband have been called as witnesses on Friday. I just want to eat cake all the time and I mean all the time as I am so bloody stressed by it all. Plus I am not sure I even have anything smart that fits and eating all this cake is not going to help. So far today I have had 3 cup cakes!!!

I have been out for a walk with the dog thinking it would relax me but that was stressful as DS wouldn't stop picking up rubbish and then picked up dog poo. The dog wouldn't get his ball and then my DS threw a huge tantrum and I had to throw him over my shoulder. When I came back I ate another cake!!

worraliberty Mon 17-Oct-11 14:04:43

Sorry to hear you're going through so much stress sad

Cake won't help though (I'm sure you know this) and may cause a different set of problems.

mousyfledermaus Mon 17-Oct-11 14:12:13

sorry to hear that.

cake definitely helps relieve a little of the stress!

sorry no good advice from me, apart from try to relax, go shopping for something simple and elegant (black always looks good), and prepare as best as you can.

mousyfledermaus Mon 17-Oct-11 14:13:24

do you have a babysitter so you can go out on your own for an hour or so?

SickleBOO Mon 17-Oct-11 14:14:24

Sorry to hear what you're going through. If it's any consolation, the GMC hearing staff will look after you on Friday.

loudee Mon 17-Oct-11 14:25:07

There are worse things to rely on in times of stress! Be gentle on yourself smile Good luck at the hearing x

Scholes34 Mon 17-Oct-11 14:31:52

YANBU as long as the cake is homemade (by you or someone else).

gethelp Mon 17-Oct-11 14:47:36

As long as you've also got a lovely cup of tea in a nice cup and a wonderful bunch of flowers ( pretend they're from your ds if you like) to look at, while you eat your cake it's fine. You need a treat and a hand to hold, it would make the strongest of us stressed! Be kind to yourself this week and plan a nice thing for afterwards. Best of luck with the hearing, I hope you get what you hope for.

Happylander Mon 17-Oct-11 15:24:08

I am making a cuppa. I have flowers from not only my DH but also my friends. The cake was made by me with a little help from DS so not too bad grin

I would just like to know what it is like to be relaxed as it seems years since I have felt that.

FunnyHaHaPeculiar Mon 17-Oct-11 16:49:03

what kind of cake is it?

Happylander Mon 17-Oct-11 17:38:20

chocolate cupcakes with choc fudge topping...yummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now