Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that my friend is NOT being PFB??

(17 Posts)
purplewerepidj Mon 17-Oct-11 12:24:44

Today I was supposed to be meeting a friend (a 50 mile train journey) and have been very much looking forward to seeing her. However, over the weekend I have come down with an absolute stinker of a cold.

I have no kids and work shifts, so am cosily ensconced on the sofa with coffee and ibuprofen. Said friend has two young children and a demanding part time job. Yesterday I text her to say I am possibly infectious, would she like to take the risk, and we decided to take a rain check.

She now thinks she's being PFB.

AIBU to think that, actually, taking nasty cold germs across the county on a train and then spreading it round her childrens' schools is a Bad Thing and PFB-itis is nothing to do with it?!

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Mon 17-Oct-11 12:26:43

No - tell her she's being sensible not PFB!!

It's better for you to stay home, it's better for her babies for you to stay home and it's better for the general public for you to stay home! Tell her she's doing everyone a favour grin

Get well soon!

Booooooyhoo Mon 17-Oct-11 12:27:29

yanbu.

she is bless her smile

MrBloomsNursery Mon 17-Oct-11 12:27:39

Common sense. Nothing to do with PFB.

Oh, well done you. I do wish that everyone was as careful with their snotty germs as you are. Your friend is not being PFB and you are being very considerate.

spottypancake Mon 17-Oct-11 12:27:51

No, she isn't being PFB - a cold in an adult can turn into a chest infection in a child. My DCs have had a few chest infections and there is no way I would go ahead with a meeting if a friend had a stinking cold, despite the fact that my kids are 5 and 3 now.

whackamole Mon 17-Oct-11 12:31:20

YANBU and SHE INBU.

I wish people would think about coming to visit when they are clearly not well, it can be disappointing when coming from far away but it always worse for the parent of the ill child!

duvetdayplease Mon 17-Oct-11 12:32:20

I think its sensible, what's the point of you meeting when you feel rubbish anyway?

I usually warn people if I have a stinker so they can choose, I'm ordinarily relaxed myself but if my youngest has just had one cold I'm often keen to maximise sleep by avoiding a second bout of snot!

Smellslikemassivedynamiticpee Mon 17-Oct-11 12:35:45

Not in the least.
I work with someone who seems to think the company will fall down without her, so comes in to work with all sorts of bugs and infections etc. Which then get passed around and around.

So then instead of one person off for a day or two you end up with 4 or 5 people off.

She is being very considerate. grin

EmpressOfTheVampireSkulls Mon 17-Oct-11 12:36:14

Poor Purple.

I think you're being sensible too. Have some of my MN mooncupcakes to cheer you up.

purplewerepidj Mon 17-Oct-11 12:40:40

Yay! She's taken the hint (is an MNer wink)

<scoffs cake ignoring possible ingredients>

SayGhoulNowSayWitch Mon 17-Oct-11 13:01:51

By Darth Vader's cupcakes YANBU! And neither is she.

Now have some chicken soup and watch a good chick flick grin

EmpressOfTheZombieDucks Mon 17-Oct-11 13:07:42

Not a good duck flick?

purplewerepidj Mon 17-Oct-11 13:11:14

I want a duck fluck <pouts> <stamps feet>

SayGhoulNowSayWitch Mon 17-Oct-11 13:14:39

A duck fluck?

Interesting......

Is that mid-air fucking, or fucking while in flight?

The possibilities are endless...

purplewerepidj Mon 17-Oct-11 13:19:02

It has to be better than the poncy middle-class cupcake programme I'm watching on C4 at the moment too lazy to change channel shock

purplewerepidj Mon 17-Oct-11 13:22:48

Are fridge magnets working, middle or upper?

Immortalised in song!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now