Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why I bother getting glammed up on a night out?

(14 Posts)
toptramp Sun 16-Oct-11 21:46:39

If the men down the pub can get away with wearing scruffy trainers and t-shirts?

I felt so overdressed last night. I went to the local pub then onto a wine bar/disco wearing a wine red, lace dress (prim and high-necked/long arms rather than stutty), leggings , a leather biker jacket and wine red platforms.

I hardly ever go out and when I do I like to wear a dress as I wear jeans day in/day out and I like to feel feminine. Plus I am single and I think I am more likely to meet a lovely lad whilst looking good. I don't dress slutty-hopefully glam.

I didn't feel so overdressed in the wine bar/disco but in the pub I felt very uncomfortable as all the lads looked like they had just rolled out of bed.
There were a few girls wearing dresses too but even so I felt self-conscious.

I don't really care what my man wears but would I be better off just wearing jeans next time? I didn't pull as I am feeling quite reserved. I am just a bit conscious of looking too try hard or something. After a few ciders I didn't really care anyway.

It just made me realised how much more us women are expected to spend on our appearance as opposed to men who can get away with minimum effort.

toptramp Sun 16-Oct-11 21:47:13

slutty sorry.

squeakytoy Sun 16-Oct-11 21:50:45

well if the rest of the women were not dressed up to the nines, then they are not too fussed about getting too glammed up either..

comedycentral Sun 16-Oct-11 21:55:09

I find toptramps comment really random and unnessary offensive. I think that by the sounds of it OP you did look lovely and classy but I think you may learn that such nice outfits may have to be reserved for nicer places. I think jeans with heels may suit that particular pub better.

FabbyChic Sun 16-Oct-11 21:56:56

Toptramp is the OP Comedy!

BluddyMoFo Sun 16-Oct-11 21:57:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

comedycentral Sun 16-Oct-11 21:57:48

Hahaha such a div!!!

comedycentral Sun 16-Oct-11 21:58:45

How dare you be so down on yourself.....I stand by my comment lol!

BluddyMoFo Sun 16-Oct-11 21:59:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

comedycentral Sun 16-Oct-11 22:00:45

Ha it has tickled me I must admit!

worraliberty Sun 16-Oct-11 22:04:00

It just made me realised how much more us women are expected to spend on our appearance as opposed to men who can get away with minimum effort

Expected by whom?

If I go to my local, I'll wear a nice pair of jeans/leggings, a nice top and a pair of boots (more than likely)

If I go to a wine bar, I'll dress up a bit glam.

YABU unless the men in the wine bar were all dressed down?

LeBOOOf Sun 16-Oct-11 22:04:29

Hehe.

toptramp Sun 16-Oct-11 22:06:00

Mabe I should have written "AIBU to wonder why I bother posting anything at all on AIBU?" Well they were a bunch of scruff bags and I did look far too good for them! Preens. The pub smelt of farts too!

toptramp Sun 16-Oct-11 22:06:14

I am such a lady.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now