Talk

Advanced search

To not want a coat that looks like it's got nipples

(53 Posts)
fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 19:36:40

I’ve just received a winter coat that I ordered (Merrell Wakefield Insulated). It’s a nice coat, it’s warm and everything, but... at the top of the darts at the front of the coat, the material sort of indents in to two squares and so it looks just like the coat has square nipples.

Now I don’t know if my nipple coat is a one off, or if they all look like this, but am I being really picky to be bothered by it? Would it bother anyone else? I don’t know if I should think that I’m spending lots of money on a coat, so I should make sure I’m happy with it, or if I should just get a grip – it will keep me warm and dry with or without the nipples.

BrikSchittHaus Sun 16-Oct-11 19:37:39

link please

duvetdayplease Sun 16-Oct-11 19:39:31

I think however picky you feel you are being, yanbu to want to return a coat with a feature (e.g. nipples!) you don't like. It's gonna bug you forever.

fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 19:39:53

www.shoponthebeach.com/6415/products/merrell_womens_insulated_wakefield_jacket_in_black.aspx

This is the coat, but this one doesn't have nipples, nor have any of the other pics of it that I've looked at online.

squeakytoy Sun 16-Oct-11 19:41:47

If it is a padded coat, that you are going to be wearing in winter, with a jumper underneath, anyone thinking they are seeing your nipples would be forgiven if they suggested you enter the guiness book of records for "most pointy nipples".... grin

thousandDenier Sun 16-Oct-11 19:50:16

ARF at squeakytoy (she's right, mind - no one will think it's your nipples in this instance)

This is generally a bugbear of mine - perfectly good garments ruined by thoughtless placing of buttons, or flower prints where yer nips go. Do designers not realise this?

My mate has a fake fur double breasted jacket with three sets of nobbly pink buttons down the front. She looks like a bit like this

BrikSchittHaus Sun 16-Oct-11 19:50:32

oooh I'm very fussy about nipple action because of dodgily stitched clothing, especially given the price, tis a lovely coat but sounds like it's not cut and tailored quite right, you could probably get something better for the price.

troisgarcons Sun 16-Oct-11 19:51:25

Don't like it any way - and if you dont like it - send it back

DorisIsTheDarkDestroyer Sun 16-Oct-11 20:10:55

Send it back my nips don't need anyone's help to look odd! You will forever be worrying about what people think of your square nips.

fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 20:17:28

Thanks everyone.

It's the nearest coat I've found to what I want in terms of warmness and dryness and length which is why I thought I should maybe live with the nips and not be so fussy.

I've just got dh to take a photo of me in the coat and I think they do look bad, they're not even symmetrical!

I've added the photo to my profile if anyone would care to view them grin

fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 20:19:44

Sorry, here

quirrelquarrel Sun 16-Oct-11 20:19:57

AIBU to have laughed my way down this thread...grin

OP, have you tried an iron maybe? Might ruin the shiny material. Send it back and get another one.

MrsBaggins Sun 16-Oct-11 20:22:17

Cant view your profile fragola
Ive just got my Merrell wakefield insulated and ran upstairs to have a look !
Um-- no square nipples here - did you get a previous years design maybe ??

KurriKurri Sun 16-Oct-11 20:24:58

I can see why you are fed up OP, - they do look like nipples, there's no two ways about it, sorry sad and also a bit grin

thousandDenier Sun 16-Oct-11 20:28:23

yep - sorry OP. inverted nipples.

Tomorrowslookingfine Sun 16-Oct-11 20:28:52

YANBU!! I laughed when I saw the photo - they do look like nipples! Send it back and ask for a replacement (if you really like the style/warmth) as I would feel very self concious wearing that coat grin

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 16-Oct-11 20:30:36

Have to admit I'm grin at that photo, that's terrible! Sorry, OP, send it back.

diedandgonetodevon Sun 16-Oct-11 20:38:37

I think that coat has to go back. The photo made my face go grin shock grin

SmethWitchBelle Sun 16-Oct-11 20:42:21

Looks a wee bit snug, dare I say a bigger size might be a bit more ahem forgiving?

However anyhow it shouldn't do that for the money though - send it back!

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Sun 16-Oct-11 20:43:06

Definitely send back. They might send you a perfect replacement.

JamieComeHome Sun 16-Oct-11 20:44:14

I really like the coat, but no, I could not tolerate the nipples

peggotty Sun 16-Oct-11 20:46:43

shock Fragola, as you know, I have the same square nipple-age problem with mine, but I have to say, your nipples are much more pronounced than mine grin I would probably send that back if I was you.

OtterBjitch Sun 16-Oct-11 20:46:57

I thought you were being picky until I saw the photo. grin

Send it back.

acsec Sun 16-Oct-11 20:47:56

OP you can't keep it - you will be forever worrying about your coat nips!

Send it back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now